BJC cables with Salk speakers

Richard in Idaho

BJC cables with Salk speakers
« on: 6 Sep 2011, 03:36 am »
I have Songbirds ordered. Am thinking of ordering a pair of Blue Jeans cables with locking banana plugs.
Anyone using these? Do the plugs work well with the Salk terminals?

Thanks

Big Red Machine

Re: BJC cables with Salk speakers
« Reply #1 on: 6 Sep 2011, 09:52 am »
Anything works well with the Salk terminals.

How long a pair are you buying?  I have some BJ SC's laying around.

Nuance

« Reply #2 on: 6 Sep 2011, 01:19 pm »
I have Songbirds ordered. Am thinking of ordering a pair of Blue Jeans cables with locking banana plugs.

Thanks

My locking bananas are almost the exact same thing that BJC sells, if not the very same ones.  In short, they work perfectly with my Salk speaker terminals (and amplifier terminals). 

Richard in Idaho

« Reply #3 on: 6 Sep 2011, 04:37 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

I only need about 6 or 7 foot runs.
I like the idea that BJC is ultrasonically welding the plugs to the wires. On such short runs the labor is more than the wire and plugs. Still less than $22 per run which I am OK with.

PSB Guy

« Reply #4 on: 6 Sep 2011, 06:27 pm »
I have an 8 foot pair and a 6 foot pair of the ultrasonically-welded BJC wires with the locking bananas, and I think they're just great - you'll never have to worry about the plugs getting pulled off accidentally. BTW, I'd love to hear your impressions of the Songbirds once you get them, they're on my short list for my next speakers, I think my room is too small for SongTowers.

Cornelis

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #5 on: 6 Sep 2011, 07:09 pm »

Thanks

I have been using BJC cables with my 5 SongTowers in a HT setup for the last 15 or so months and they work great.  My cables very in length from 15-35' and I use the locking banana plugs on both ends.

Good quality and good price.

George

mathgeek97

« Reply #6 on: 7 Sep 2011, 08:39 pm »
I bought raw, unterminated 10-gauge (Complete overkill, but what the heck) from BJC, and a bunch of banana plugs.  All of it is very high quality and not crazy expensive.  However, I think the ultrasonically-welded banana plugs would be very cool.
I also use BJC LC-1 stereo interconnects, which I've been quite pleased with as well.

PSB Guy

« Reply #7 on: 7 Sep 2011, 09:16 pm »
I bought raw, unterminated 10-gauge (Complete overkill, but what the heck) from BJC, ...
All of my BJC speaker wire is also 10-awg too, I don't think it's overkill, it still very flexible at that thickness. Love the LC-1 interconnects too, very well made. Also, you can't knock the price  :D.

Cornelis

mark funk

« Reply #8 on: 7 Sep 2011, 09:25 pm »
Belden  Thats all I use. Can be found at Blue Jeans Cable. :thumb:

:smoke:

ratso

« Reply #9 on: 8 Sep 2011, 01:00 am »
i think  BJC is the salk of cables.

smwick

« Reply #10 on: 8 Sep 2011, 06:21 am »
I have used BJC speaker and interconnects for about two years and have found them to be very good for the price.  Better than anything I had tried to that point.  I read a review at stereomojo a few months back about Virtue Audio Nirvana speaker cables and interconnects.  The review was very good and they received the product of the year award.  So I thought I would give them a try, if I didn't like them I could return them.  They are more $$ than BJC but I found them both to be quite superior in my system.  Here is the link if you are interested    http://www.stereomojo.com/Virtue%20Audio%20Nirvana%20Cables%20Review/VIRTUEAUDIOCABLESREVIEW.htm

Richard in Idaho

« Reply #11 on: 9 Sep 2011, 02:01 am »
Thanks everyone.

Ordered cables, BJC 10 White with banana plugs. 10 may be overkill but for the little they cost over 12 why not.

Richard in Idaho

« Reply #12 on: 15 Sep 2011, 03:01 am »
These people are good. Had the wires on my doorstep on Monday and they look great.  Now if I just can hold out until my Songbirds get here. Should be about mid Oct.

dakulis

« Reply #13 on: 26 Sep 2011, 11:24 pm »
I also have BJC 8' runs for my HT2-TLs and they work great.  Moved from another set of cables about 2 weeks after the HT2-TLs arrived and they have simply gotten better and better and opened up over the old set.

Enjoy, Dave

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #14 on: 27 Sep 2011, 05:57 pm »
Since we are displaying with Jim Salk again this year at RMAF, just for the occasion, I broke down and ordered two complete sets of Blue Jeans cables.  Bi-wirable speaker cables terminated in locking banana plugs, interconnect cables, "digital" CD source to DAC cables, and even a couple of their USB cables.

They arrived here Friday and I will be testing and installing them in my system today.

We will have some brand new "hi-end" products to announce and use at RMAF.  They should be a great match for Jim's speakers.

Best regards,

Frank Van Alstine

PSB Guy

« Reply #15 on: 27 Sep 2011, 06:16 pm »
i think  BJC is the salk of cables.
Blue Jeans, Salk and AVA all share a value and customer oriented, no BS kind of mindset. I couldn't be happier with my used AVA Insight+ Control amp and BJC cables. Salk speakers are next in line for me, and when I decide to upgrade the amp to separates, Frank will get a call. I feel no need to look elsewhere.

Cornelis

fsimms

« Reply #16 on: 27 Sep 2011, 06:32 pm »
Since we are displaying with Jim Salk again this year at RMAF, just for the occasion, I broke down and ordered two complete sets of Blue Jeans cables.

Say it isn’t so Frank!  First the IEC power connectors and now this! :scratch:

I thought I felt the earth’s axis shift! :cyclops:

Bob

yo2tup

« Reply #17 on: 27 Sep 2011, 08:11 pm »

Bob

audiophile grade fuses are next

WGH

« Reply #18 on: 27 Sep 2011, 08:20 pm »

Bob

"The IEC power connectors now included in Audio by Van Alstine electronics* shortened Earth's day by just over one-millionth of a second (1.8 microseconds to be exact), according to NASA. It also shifted the Earth's axis by about 6.5 inches."
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/sciencefair/post/2011/03/japan-earthquake-shifted-earth-axis-shorter-day-nasa/1

*A little extravagant exaggeration.