** SOLD ** Klipsch cornwalls 1977, original, walnut

jrebman

** SOLD ** Klipsch cornwalls 1977, original, walnut
« on: 30 Aug 2011, 04:08 pm »
Sorry, these are long gone -- speakers and tuner.

Tuner is taken.

Folks, desperately need to move my minty 1977 Cornwalls as my new GR Research N3s are arriving and I have no room left.

I got this pair from Pete Illig nearly two years ago and have enjoyed them a lot, but they're too big for my listening room and they don't pass the WAF test for the living room.  They are super clean, no dents or dings, veneer is natural walnut and is immaculate.  Everything works great as is, but eventually the caps in the crossovers should be replaced (a $40 diy job).  Grilles are immaculate, tight, and have no tears or runs and still have original klipsch badges.  Will sacrifice for $750 just to get them a new home, but they are definitely collector quality.

As a bonus you can also have a 1978 Sansui TU-717 tuner that is also in fantastic shape with the exception of one scratch on the top.  Works superbly well, but we are in a radio dead zone here in North Boulder and I don't want to spend the money for a great antenna as we just don't listen to the radio much anymore.

Anyway, both of these must go and I don't have the means to send either of them -- no boxes, packaging, etc.  The tuner will come with the original manual and a cheapie T antenna.  Also note that this tuner has volume controlled outputs so you can theoetically just hook it up to an amp and some speakers and have a simple radio listening system.

And also, if anybody wants a new, unused pair of Lowther DX-55s, aluminum voice coils, 8 ohm, and high-ferric coating, another $750 will take those as well.

Thanks,

Jim
« Last Edit: 9 May 2012, 06:22 pm by jrebman »

doug s.

• makin' music
the tu-717 is a nice sounding tuna - if you have even 2-3 stations w/quality programming and quality broadcast (read: usually non-commercial) , an inwestment in a good antenna would be worth it - you might yust find you would be listening to radio a lot more...   8)

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/locate?select=city&city=boulder%2C+co&x=0&y=0&sid=

weekend programming where i am means a coupla stations prowide such excellent music that i rarely go to the digital or winyl rigs. 

doug s.

jrebman

Re: Local sale: Klipsch cornwalls 1977, original, walnut
« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2011, 08:32 pm »
Sansui tuner has a new home.  Now somebody please grab these cornwalls before I try them on audiogon and list them again on the klipsch forums.

-- Jim

jrebman

Re: Local sale: Klipsch cornwalls 1977, original, walnut
« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2011, 09:12 pm »
Now listed in the trading post.  I can now ship them anywhere in the conus.  Price is now $800 or o.b.o. as there will be some hassle and expense involved in moving them to where they will be crated and shipped -- still $750 for local pickup.

-- Jim