So long VR-9 Mk1

choffman

Re: So long VR-9 Mk1
« Reply #60 on: 3 Sep 2011, 03:43 am »
Well, if the M3 Owners are joining me in hijacking this thread then I have to join in too.  Custom order Sterling Grey for me.

JackD201

« Reply #61 on: 3 Sep 2011, 07:43 am »
Hmmmm I'm seeing a pattern here. VSA speakers and M-cars. es347 is or was an M3 owner as well.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #62 on: 3 Sep 2011, 02:09 pm »
Right you are Jack, this 98 M3 sedan and back in the late 80s, a black Euro 85 M6...I can't find the pictures.  I've owned over 10 bmws over the years and one other notable was an 84 633 csi that was pristine.  All are gone now unfortunately  :cry:

A man has to have something German with wheels that is unjustifiable so here's my latest bimmer:

Delacroix

« Reply #63 on: 4 Sep 2011, 12:44 am »
Ok guys, enough with the cars, it's bad enough to have speaker envy without having to look at those BMW pics in our audio forum  :). But if you insist, there is a cars and bikes circle here on AC:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=189.0

vr8

« Reply #64 on: 5 Sep 2011, 01:42 pm »
Great products (both Von Schweikert and BMW). The listening room is superb as are the M3s.
 What will it cost to upgrade my 11s to mkII status?

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #65 on: 5 Sep 2011, 01:44 pm »
Naw you don't want to upgrade your 11s.  Much simpler to buy new and sell me your's for $25K.  Talk about a win-win  :thumb:

vr8

« Reply #66 on: 5 Sep 2011, 01:47 pm »
How about 25k + an M3? :D

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #67 on: 5 Sep 2011, 05:00 pm »
Given the relative prices I'd opt for the M6 rather than any of the big boy speakers...in fact you could own two M6s...ouch.

JackD201

« Reply #68 on: 5 Sep 2011, 05:33 pm »
How many hours can you spend behind the wheel of an M6 vs the number of hours lisening to VR-11s?  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #69 on: 5 Sep 2011, 06:08 pm »
That's a fair point Jack but when you consider the value of ANY speaker not just the 11s...an enclosure with some wire and drivers...granted very high quality and high cost enclosure, wire and drivers...but considering technology, parts and labor of an M6 to say..the Magico M5 (take VSA out of the argument for now)...no way Jose.  The value IMHO is not comparable by any stretch.  Don't get me wrong bro, I'd give anything to have a pair of VR11s in my room...but I wouldn't mind having a 2011 M6 in my garage either  :thumb:

JackD201

« Reply #70 on: 6 Sep 2011, 03:05 pm »
Neither are rational but neither are the goofy, priceless smiles on our faces whether going 120mph or 120dB.

We get what we pays for  :thumb:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #71 on: 6 Sep 2011, 03:49 pm »
Speaking of goofy smiles.....pictures bro!  PICTURES!  :thumb:

JackD201

« Reply #72 on: 7 Sep 2011, 02:52 am »
This was taken after the upgrades were all completed in a local souvenir shop we took Albert and Damon to. like I said.........Priceless!

keith

« Reply #73 on: 7 Sep 2011, 07:01 am »
lol

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #74 on: 7 Sep 2011, 12:38 pm »
Albert and Damon may never be the same....and on another note, those VR11s apparently aren't the only things big in the Philippines...

http://news.yahoo.com/giant-crocodile-captured-alive-philippines-134625838.html

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #75 on: 17 Sep 2011, 07:55 am »
I've been under the weather for a couple of weeks, caught a bug on the plane and haven't had time to write up a full report.  However, as a teaser, I can say that both Jimmy's VR-11 system and Jack's VR-9 system are the two best systems I've ever heard in my entire career!  Both of their rooms are spectacularly designed and were gound-built from scratch as professional mini concert halls.  Jack and a few architects, sound engineers, and other consultants achieved a level of visual and sonic perfection that is simply amazing - a testament to their devotion to music reproduced as closely to the live thing as possible!  Second, their electronics are about the best available, cost no object!  Third, Jack and Jimmy are ultimate system tweakers and spend months and years to get their systems to sound like live music.  Damon and I were "blown away" to say the least and their rooms have set a world standard that I doubt anyone could ever beat - even if they spend $2,600,000 like Jimmy did!
Congratulations to everyone involved in these "ultimate" sound systems!

JackD201

« Reply #76 on: 17 Sep 2011, 08:53 am »
Thanks for the very kind words Albert. The rooms were labors of love for all of us that were involved. The star of the show has got to be Mike Pedero of Tracks Acoustics. Mike is the Philippine AES VP and lectures on Acoustics throughout South East Asia. Aside from Tracks Acoustics he is a musician, composer and recording engineer with the rare gift of perfect pitch. His son appears to be set to exceed his father musically as he is a teen prodigy on guitar who also composes. In my room the bass trap designs and calculations were done by our friends from eCalme (Almute in the USA), Japan and in Jim's room via Art Noxon's superb ASC Super Traps.

As for the equipment of course there's you and Damon, Vladimir Lamm, Joe Lavrencik, Kevin Hayes, Luke Manley, Knut Cornils, Thomas Woschnik, Didier de Luca, Ed Meittner, Bob Graham and many, many more, all gentlemen pursuing excellence without compromise. We are but simple "assemblers", which is really all we system integrators are. We also could not have pulled this off without the help of our very friendly competitors Architectural Audio and AV Driver Intl. with whom we share the common passion for spreading the joy of music. They not only supplied a lot of the gear but also worked with us to get everything singing in unison.

We are elated that you feel we've done a good job of making your babies sing, all I can say is, you should hear them NOW  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

JackD201

« Reply #77 on: 27 Feb 2012, 06:17 am »
Hey Rodney,

Whassup?   :fishing:  :thumb:

Holli82

« Reply #78 on: 27 Feb 2012, 07:02 am »
Hey Rodney,

Whassup?   :fishing:  :thumb:

I'm in my countdown.  T-6 days.  Looking forward to the upgrade.  I have been a satisfied VR-9 for 4 years but am looking forward to getting my "new" speakers.  Always fun to have Albert over.

I will make sure I post pics and impressions.

NOW you got to come to Vegas...fight or no fight.  Maybe Pacquiao is an audiophile???

JackD201

« Reply #79 on: 27 Feb 2012, 09:37 am »
Bradley, not so tempting.

Mk2s and VACs......TEMPTING!!!!!!!!!!!  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: