Decision Made, Order Placed

headshrinker2

Re: Decision Made, Order Placed
« Reply #20 on: 1 Aug 2011, 07:05 pm »
Rick,
A few different Bryston dealers strongly recommended Harmonic Tech cabling, so hopefully this will work well for you.   Which Magic Link IC's are you using?  Magic Link II's? 

SoundGame...My de Capo's are the piano black finish, and I am running them with a Moon i5.3 integrated amp. Alone, the de Capo's have a little less bottom end than the Tetra's, but I have them hooked up to a pair of ACI Force XL subs. Keep in mind, this system is used mainly for background music, and there has been no focus on speaker placement, cabling etc. When I bought the Tetra's, the Grand Veena was on my short list, but I had a fear that my cat would mistake the grilles for a new scratching post. Some people have to work around wife appeal, my constraint is cat appeal.

Headshrinker2....I am hoping that my current cables will be a good match. Harmonic Technology Magic Link, and Cardas Golden Reference interconnects, along with Harmonic Technology Pro-9 Reference speaker cables.

James...7B SST2 - Silver 19" with handles
           BP26 - Silver 17"
           BDA-1 - Silver 17"
           BCD-1 - Silver 17"

Rick

RLL1

« Reply #21 on: 1 Aug 2011, 09:00 pm »
Rick,
A few different Bryston dealers strongly recommended Harmonic Tech cabling, so hopefully this will work well for you.   Which Magic Link IC's are you using?  Magic Link II's?

They are the Magic Link II's. I am also using Magic Digital II's for the source components. The new Bryston system will have one more component than my current one, so I will have to dig the Cardas cables out of the spare parts drawer.

Rick

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #22 on: 2 Aug 2011, 09:59 pm »
hey, Rick!

congrats on your decision  :thumb: keep us updated with your impressions on the new gear!

al.

WBimmer

« Reply #23 on: 3 Aug 2011, 02:28 am »
After much research and contemplation, I have placed an order for a new, all Bryston system.

7B SST2
BP26
BDA-1
BCD-1

Due to a shortage of inventory by my local dealer, I was unable to demo any of this equipment, but with the many reviews I have read, along with all of the great information provided by the Bryston owners on this board, I am confident I have made the right choice.

I’m not sure how long it will take, but I am really looking forward to the arrival of this gear. Get ready for a new participant in the “what are you currently listening to” topic!

Rick

Congratulations on your choices Rick.  Although I think you need one revision to your choices and that would be to remove the BCD and replace it with the BDP.  Since getting my BDP I haven't had my CD player turned on and it's just a dust collector now.

Enjoy.

Wayne.

RLL1

« Reply #24 on: 3 Aug 2011, 05:06 am »
Congratulations on your choices Rick.  Although I think you need one revision to your choices and that would be to remove the BCD and replace it with the BDP.  Since getting my BDP I haven't had my CD player turned on and it's just a dust collector now.

Enjoy.

Wayne.

I was checking my crystal ball, and I think I see a BDP somewhere in the not too distant future.

Rick

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #25 on: 3 Aug 2011, 08:25 pm »
I was checking my crystal ball, and I think I see a BDP somewhere in the not too distant future.

Rick

:thumb:

RLL1

« Reply #26 on: 4 Aug 2011, 11:40 pm »
The Dealer called today, and everything has arrived. Wow, only 4 business days of anxious anticipation! Another fine example Bryston of service. I'll box up my trade in tonight, and pick it up tomorrow. Looks like my plans for the weekend have been decided.

Rick

BrysTony

« Reply #27 on: 4 Aug 2011, 11:51 pm »
The Dealer called today, and everything has arrived. Wow, only 4 business days of anxious anticipation! Another fine example Bryston of service. I'll box up my trade in tonight, and pick it up tomorrow. Looks like my plans for the weekend have been decided.

Rick

Have fun putting it together and let us know how it sounds to you.   :thumb:

Tony

vegasdave

« Reply #28 on: 5 Aug 2011, 10:36 pm »

Rick

:beer:

1oldguy

« Reply #29 on: 6 Aug 2011, 02:38 am »
Have fun putting it together and let us know how it sounds to you.   :thumb:

Tony

Agreed ...inquiring minds want to know.....

vegasdave

« Reply #30 on: 6 Aug 2011, 09:34 pm »

Agreed ...inquiring minds want to know.....

:thumb:

headshrinker2

« Reply #31 on: 10 Aug 2011, 04:37 pm »
Rick,
Do you have your new gear yet?  We look forward to your report!

Rick

RLL1

« Reply #32 on: 10 Aug 2011, 05:32 pm »
Rick,
Do you have your new gear yet?  We look forward to your report!

Yes I do. I have been holed up in my listening room for days, playing cd's I hadn't listened to in years.(If I don't soon shave, I will have a full beard!!) Not only does it sound great, it looks great as well. I was really surprised at the improvement over my last system. The clarity and detail is amazing. I am hearing things in the music that I did not hear before.

There are some pics in my gallery if you want to take a look.

Rick

headshrinker2

« Reply #33 on: 11 Aug 2011, 12:56 pm »
Enjoy the music!  Sounds like everything is working out well.

1oldguy

« Reply #34 on: 11 Aug 2011, 01:14 pm »
Sounds like the man is pleased..... 8) Good stuff.

vegasdave

« Reply #35 on: 11 Aug 2011, 06:09 pm »
Yes I do. I have been holed up in my listening room for days, playing cd's I hadn't listened to in years.(If I don't soon shave, I will have a full beard!!) Not only does it sound great, it looks great as well. I was really surprised at the improvement over my last system. The clarity and detail is amazing. I am hearing things in the music that I did not hear before.

There are some pics in my gallery if you want to take a look.

Rick

Awesome! Continue to enjoy your new goodies.