Various Bolder digital cables and a Ridge Street digital

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #20 on: 15 Apr 2004, 06:23 am »
Quote from: Mad DOg
Lonewolf,

Just to set the record straight...I don't believe I ever said that adding the RSA SC improved the sound of my system...In fact, I PURPOSELY did not share any of my impressions about the RSA SC publicly even tho I did audition it....

Now I did say the RSA MSE GenIIs were good...but I've since found that there are quite a few ICs that work even better in my system...Argent Audio Jaden Signatures, Argent Audio Pursang, Acoustic Zen Silver Ref Mk II, Onix Grand Masters and the Eichmann eXpress6  ...
               Just to highlight Robert Schult's issues with Mad DOg, let's set the records straight "one more time" with a read of Positive Feedback's newest reviewer, Mad DOg, and his first comments on the Ridge Street MSE audition package; http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=7312.msg62234#62234&highlight=#62234   Regards, Robin

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #21 on: 15 Apr 2004, 12:46 pm »
Robin,

I don't know what Mad Dog was using at the time for comparison sake, so his comments might have been accurate at the time.

Even though I didn't buy Robert's products, there is no denying that they are very good - I just happen to find some products that I feel are better (in my system and to my ears).

If I had heard the Midnight II's before I heard the Argent Audio products, I probably would have been gushing over them...I know that I loved what the Jaden Signature did and thought it awesome.  This was until I heard the Pursang and things went to a whole new level.  Does that mean all the positive things I said about the Jaden Sig were no longer true?  Of course not...

Anyway, I think the bottom line is that we should all just get back to listening to music.   :drums:

George

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #22 on: 15 Apr 2004, 05:02 pm »
Ok....Ok......Ok......! Now who was the first one to bring up MadDog's name.....Opps ! ..It was me :oops: !
    Well, lets drop all this and move on ![/list:u]
      Talk about something else....How's the weather ? The Sun's out here after 4 day's of rain....time for me to get busy !! :hyper: [/list:u]

rosconey

« Reply #23 on: 15 Apr 2004, 05:09 pm »
my garlic sprouts are about 6" tall :mrgreen:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #24 on: 15 Apr 2004, 05:12 pm »
I am waiting for the UPS guy to deliver the VH Audio Balanced Pulsar to try in my system.   8)

Tomorrow the UPS guy will visit me again!  This time with a QSC PLX3402 amp to try with my Larger Sub.  If this isn't a significant improvement over my Adcom GFA 555 Mk II, I will just get a Crown K2 and be done with it.  I am hoping this will work well as I picked it up for about $400 less than I can get a K2 for.

George

rosconey

« Reply #25 on: 15 Apr 2004, 06:08 pm »
so are you doing the large in stereo or mono :?:
i've had 3 differnt amps with mine,first was a harmon kardon pa4000 i got for 150$ off ubid(100wpc bridged,45x4), wanted more power so i picked up a carver pm350-not a good choice-added odyssey monos and now i'm happy,never heard bass so smooth clean tight , the pressure on some movies can be felt in the ears :mrgreen:

brj

« Reply #26 on: 15 Apr 2004, 06:33 pm »
To follow up some of my original questions in this thread...

1) There was a strong impression that connectors potentially offer one of the larger sonic difference between cables

2) The sonic improvements offered by the various silver grease treatments (Walker Audio SST, Mapleshade Silclear, etc.) have been very positively reviewed when applied to cables

I'm now wondering if the application of (2) reduces the effects of (1)... Has anyone taken two identical cables - except for the connectors - and done a before and after SST/Silclear/etc. comparison?

John Casler

« Reply #27 on: 15 Apr 2004, 10:08 pm »
Quote from: brj
To follow up some of my original questions in this thread...

1) There was a strong impression that connectors potentially offer one of the larger sonic difference between cables

2) The sonic improvements offered by the various silver grease treatments (Walker Audio SST, Mapleshade Silclear, etc.) have been very positively reviewed when applied to cables

I'm now wondering if the application of (2) reduces the effects of (1)... Has anyone taken two identical cables - except for the connectors - and done a before and after SST/Silclear/etc. comparison?

It only stands to reason that each and every "pressure" or compression connection is inferior to a "straight wire" when it comes to the flow of electrons.

While I haven't done an A/B (which is pretty much impossible) of a "treated" vs "untreated" group of system connections, I did just do 90% of my system today (including fuses, all power connections, interconnects, tubes, etc)

The results are incredible.  I would guess that the improved "electron flow" capabilities (remember, I'm not an electrophysicist) is increased dramatically, by filling the old "gaps" that did not allow flow with a "conductive medium" that does so.

The ability to hear "into" the music has increased as has just about every other sonic component that I like.

The key element that is so telling, is the song by Josh Groban that we (I) often use to see how well a system performs.  There are a couple "key" words that Groban sings that are slightly distorted/grainy/sibilant if the system is not an "over acheiver".

What I just heard after the initial treatment has reduced that "sonic gremlin" to a residual that makes me wonder if it is not a "pure" sound and is just distorted slightly by every system I have heard up till now.

If so, this is truly a remarkable find.  That is, for $35 you can "change" your system, without changing a single cable.

I received it yesterday, and treated "every" power connection, from the wall to each component.  I did this "after" doing about 30 minutes of serious listening.  Once treated, I powered up again.  It was quite remarkable.  The biggest improvement seemed to come in the bass and the rich "realism" from piano and cymbal sounds

Today I did the same thing, and treated fuses, and all tubes (5 tubes total in the preamp and CDP)

Another nice improvement in cavernous (3-D and deep) bass and dynamic attack (Steely Dan - Two Against Nature)  I won't say blackness increased, but it seemed like each image gained a greater sense of natural fullness and had a more solid presence.

Finally treating the interconnects and speaker cables.  This yeilded an improvement, but it was smaller than the other two.

This seemed smaller and it might have been since the two main interconnects involved had been treated previously, and might have had some "residual film"  already in place.

While I can't guarantee it will do the same for your system, I can certainly suggest with enthusiasm, that it certainly offers potential for those who listen seriously.

And while I have contacted Mapleshade about being a dealer (and I now am) it is not worth it to me to "offer" it for general sale.

I'll probably give it away in future packages.

I suggest that if you're interested, give Pierre a call and order some.  For $35 it is a steal, and if you live close to other audio buddies, buy one for 2-3 systems and still have enough for 4-5 more.  I don't think I'll ever use up all of one single container.

This stuff rocks :mrgreen:

vpolineni

« Reply #28 on: 15 Apr 2004, 10:10 pm »
John, you note that for $35, a system can be changed, etc..... i thought the walker audio sst costs 70.. is the mapleshade stuff cheaper and/or as effective?

John Casler

« Reply #29 on: 15 Apr 2004, 10:13 pm »
Quote from: vpolineni
John, you note that for $35, a system can be changed, etc..... i thought the walker audio sst costs 70.. is the mapleshade stuff cheaper and/or as effective?

Yes, as far as I know it is the same stuff, although a rep from Mapleshade "claims" they use 2 x the silver, from what I saw, they look and act the same.

vpolineni

« Reply #30 on: 15 Apr 2004, 10:14 pm »
Quote from: John Casler
Quote from: vpolineni

Yes, as far as I know it is the same stuff, although a rep from Mapleshade "claims" they use 2 x the silver, from what I saw, they look and act the same.

yet one of them is half the price of the other.. thanks John.