Spotify?

Crimson

Spotify?
« on: 24 Jul 2011, 04:40 am »
Anyone sign up yet? I opted for the free service before shelling out a monthly fee. And so far, I like what I see. Lots and lots of music for nothing.

Spotify comes to the US.

ltr317

Re: Spotify?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2011, 04:50 am »
I heard there are a few kinks that need to be worked out, so I'm waiting a little while longer.

neekomax

« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug 2011, 02:39 pm »
It's amazing. Together with a streaming app like Airfoil for Mac, opens up worlds of music. I'm just using the free service until they get more of the premium content streaming at 320 kbs.

:D

low.pfile

« Reply #3 on: 9 Aug 2011, 03:50 pm »
there's another AC thread [here]

I am listening to a full new album, which I don't have in my iTunes library. Foster the People-Torches

I'm not really sure how spotify works...As mentioned in the other thread, It won't read the AIFF/WAV files in my iTunes library, but now I can listen to an album I don't have!

Is everyone using this for "related" music and not their library tunes?

neekomax

« Reply #4 on: 9 Aug 2011, 03:57 pm »
I'm not using it for local (iTunes) playback, only streaming music I don't own. Discovered five great albums since last night. Haven't used the 'related' feature yet. Is it good?

low.pfile

« Reply #5 on: 9 Aug 2011, 04:00 pm »
ha, I told you I don't know how it works! ...I made up "related", as in music similar to music to music you own. don't know of that feature in spotify.

neekomax

« Reply #6 on: 9 Aug 2011, 04:10 pm »
ha, I told you I don't know how it works! ...I made up "related", as in music similar to music to music you own. don't know of that feature in spotify.

Oops, my bad. Not even sure there is a related feature  :lol:

Anyway, here's how it works. Once you download the client app, you open it, and search for what you want to listen to (album, artist, song, what have you). Then you listen. Repeat.

Really is worth getting it (for free)... has me really psyched on new stuff.