There Here

vermont99

There Here
« on: 23 Jul 2011, 06:15 pm »
There here and they were worth the wait. When the truck pulled with my HT3’s I was out of the house so fast I forgot to grab the camera.
I unloaded the speakers from the pallet they were shipped on and then slid them off onto my pickup no lifting these were a 139 lbs. each.
It was too late to unpack them Thursday night as I was off to see Alison Krauss in Roanoke Va. what a show. Friday morning started unpacking and was I surprised these things were fantastic better than I thought possible even my wife said they were gorgeous.
After I got them hooked up I popped in Jim’s CD and the sound was fantastic the speakers seem to disappear and all you here is the music no Sub. As soon the CD was finished I and having just seen Alison Krauss Thursday night I had to put in her DVD - A Hundred Miles or More. The system was set up for two channel turned made sure the sub was off then sat back closed my eyes and I could swear that she was in the room with me it was every bit as good as being there live.  Tomorrow I am having the people over that went me to see Alison to get impression of the HT3’s while it’s still fresh in the minds.

These speakers are unbelievable thanks Jim. 
I’m trying to figure out how to post some pictures.

martyo

Re: There Here
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2011, 07:13 pm »
Awesome! Post some pic's when you figure it out, but don't put figuring that out ahead of listening.  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2011, 07:19 pm »
Easy way to post pic is set up a gallery and then link the image via the icon below the Bold icon

Saturn94

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2011, 07:44 pm »
Awesome! Post some pic's when you figure it out, but don't put figuring that out ahead of listening.  :thumb:

Speak for yourself, I want to see pics! :lol: :lol:

qwknuf6

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2011, 08:19 pm »
pics pics pics.............

mark funk

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2011, 09:02 pm »
Cool!  I am having a birthday party to day for my HT2-TLs, one year old today.  :thumb:

:smoke:

Nuance

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2011, 10:50 pm »
Congrats, vermont99 - that is great news.  Now bring on the pics sir! :D

fsimms

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2011, 12:23 am »
Kewl! Congratulations!  :D

The system was set up for two channel turned made sure the sub was off then sat back closed my eyes and I could swear that she was in the room with me it was every bit as good as being there live.

I have always said that the HT3’s have the excitement of a live performance.  I was wondering if the smoothness of the RAAL tweeter changed that.  It sure sounds like they still kick ass!

Bob

Meicheng

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2011, 12:42 am »
what was the turn-around time from when you ordered them? 

vermont99

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2011, 01:17 pm »
The HT3’s I received have the RAAL Tweeter and I think its smoother the then the HT3’s I auditioned. Everything I play on them just sounds fantastic. DVD’s movies are great when you hear glass brake it sounds like someone broke it in the room and the lows are just as exciting. I also have the HTC-2 center with the RAAL so I’ll bet that helps. I haven’t turned the sub back on yet maybe I will for movies but not for music. :green: :green:

They took longer than expected, Jim had problems getting the 10 inch and had to have Dennis design the cross over for the RAAL Tweeter or a little over 4 months. But like I said they were more then worth the wait. :) :D

I still cannot figure how to post pictured getting frustrated. Maybe Jim can post some or if someone could PM me on how to post them. The pictures are 5 Meg each. 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jul 2011, 01:24 pm »
you can email them to me if you want and I'll post them.  Just PM me with your email and I'll send you an email and post them right away. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #11 on: 24 Jul 2011, 01:33 pm »
You need to downsize the photos.  If too large then they may not post.

Then click Post.

vermont99

« Reply #12 on: 24 Jul 2011, 02:33 pm »
OK I created a Gallery I hope it works, even after resizing the pictures I could not attach them just gave me a blank screen.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 24 Jul 2011, 02:38 pm »
OK I created a Gallery I hope it works, even after resizing the pictures I could not attach them just gave me a blank screen.

Very nice looking speakers.   :thumb:

Have you tried pulling them out from the wall a bit?  I'd think they would be much happier that way.  Just a thought.

vermont99

« Reply #14 on: 24 Jul 2011, 02:56 pm »
Thanks, still working on final placement. I have my grandchildren for a few more days ages 3 & 6 so I can’t play around too much, they will be going home soon. When they leave I will try moving them some more, I did have them out about a foot more but worried about the kids hitting them. One thing I did notice they love power and the quality of the sound and accuracy of them never changes.   

pansixt

« Reply #15 on: 24 Jul 2011, 03:13 pm »
Howard,
That would be the finish that I would choose.
Just gorgeous.
James

(W)KRP

Re: They're Here
« Reply #16 on: 25 Jul 2011, 02:20 am »
Very nice setup in pic 7.

Nuance

« Reply #17 on: 25 Jul 2011, 01:32 pm »
Those look amazing!  Congrats!

vermont99

« Reply #18 on: 25 Jul 2011, 02:05 pm »
Thanks everyone had the people I went and seen Alison Krauss with last Thursday night and they all said it was like being there again. They could not get over the craftsmanship of the speakers. I have been playing all types of music from rock to classical, the dynamic’s and sound stage of these speakers are fantastic.
Does anybody know how long it takes for them to fully brake in? It would be hard to imagine them sounding much better.   

jsalk

« Reply #19 on: 25 Jul 2011, 02:40 pm »
I took a while to get this picture out of my camera.  But here it is...

Happy listening Howard!

- Jim