TRL Tube Research Lab Modded Sony SCD-C2000ES CD & SACD Changer

roscoeiii

For Sale is a TRL modded Sony CD/SACD changer. A highly regarded mod to a very solid CD player.

The following 6moons review discusses the TRL SCD-CE595 player. The 2000ES is a step up from the CE595 both in stock and modified form.
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/trl/595.html

Another 6moons review is found here... http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/stephstuffers/stuffers.html

There are a number of discussions in the AudioGon forums about TRL SACD player modifications and the sony 2000es in general. One owner wrote the below:

"do know that the TRL C2000ES is a great sounding player. It is very neutral, extended and full with no digititus. Think of good vinyl playback. If that is what you are looking for, you might want to go the TRL."

Another comment on this player:
"I earlier owned TRL moddded Sony SACD2000ES - which replaced a more expensive Arcam CD192 Player - earlier I had Bel Canto DAC2. TRL Sony 2000ES was better in all areas than my previous digital play back. I had a fellow audiogon member come to my apartment to pick a couple of items he wanted to buy from me. After listening to my system - he said my system sounded better than his much more expensive system - which included a used CD player for which he paid $3000."

You can also search AudioAsylum for TRL modded CD player impressions

Note: This mod has been done by the highly regarded Tube Research Lab (TRL, makers of the highly regarded Samson monoblocks and Dude preamp), BUT this is not a tube mod. No tubes are in the unit. This does not include their battery power mod.

$OLD obo plus shipping
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2011, 10:43 pm by roscoeiii »

gooberdude

PM sent

roscoeiii

SOLD

gooberdude

It arrived in great shape, no issues.

Been playing half an hour or so & the soundstage is beginning to open up.

TRL is offering to mod it further to current status for only a pittance.

this was a good buy i think.

roscoeiii

It is indeed a great player. Enjoy!

gooberdude

The difference in performance when compared to my mac mini + Tranquility dac is just ridiculous.

How does a CD player increase the stage height?   the width is several feet to the outside of each speaker as well. Vocalists are 5'-6' in the air....really cool.  easily a foot or 2 higher than the dac setup.

I'll still use the mini daily, but its nice to have a source that projects images like this.

Big Red Machine

The difference in performance when compared to my mac mini + Tranquility dac is just ridiculous.

How does a CD player increase the stage height?   the width is several feet to the outside of each speaker as well. Vocalists are 5'-6' in the air....really cool.  easily a foot or 2 higher than the dac setup.

I'll still use the mini daily, but its nice to have a source that projects images like this.

Goes to show the prowess of Paul and Brian Weitzel.  The things I learn from him in each phone call is always rewarding.  They have seen it, done it, been there.

gooberdude

Paul has been lightning fast when replying to my e-mails too.  He sais they've modded over 850 similar cd players.

I asked him to mod my unit to current specs, sky is the limit on budget....he returned with "it'll be $200"

I would've spent more    :lol: