Digital Amps

DARTH AUDIO

Digital Amps
« Reply #20 on: 15 Apr 2004, 02:56 pm »
Marbles, I didn't mean the helpful, intelligent opinions. I meant the senseless negative attacks like Antons'!!

Marbles

Digital Amps
« Reply #21 on: 15 Apr 2004, 02:59 pm »
I think you should re-read Antons first post.

You need not agree with it, but it is his opinion.

DARTH AUDIO

Digital Amps
« Reply #22 on: 15 Apr 2004, 03:04 pm »
Now it seems you are questioning my opinion?? What I said was my opinion.. Are you telling me I can't have an opinion?? Sounds like a double standard?? :lol:

Anton

Digital Amps
« Reply #23 on: 16 Apr 2004, 05:50 pm »
It seems some people here are mad about my original post. First, if you noticed my post was directed at Klaus regarding the digital amplifiers that he is designing and my preocupation in terms of the quality of the sound of digital amps. In that post I mentioned those amps I have heard (and heard many times, as I have friends that have those amps and dealer friends that sell them) and the fact that I, and some of my friends, including those who own those amps, had not liked what we have heard. Again, not only my impressions but those of the owners as well. In the case of the 201, the dealer that sells Rowlands, a very musically knowledgeable person and an electrical engineer (who, by the way, Klaus knows in person), does not like the sound of that amp.

So, this post was for Klaus to let him know about my worries relative to digital amps. The other posts were in response to a query as to what I and my friend (the owner of the 201) had heard. In none of the post did I offend any person, nor did I try to debase any specific product.

Now, if that offends anybody I do not know why. The post is not an attack on any specific brand as I mentioned several digital amps. I really do not know why persons have to be so sensitive regarding such a non-issue when in this world of ours there are much more important things to argue about. If there are persons that do not like the Stratos, so be it. I do not really care! Klaus will be worried, of course, as it is his product and his design, but he is not going to die if some persons do not like his product.

As an owner of a product, any product, I do not feel offended if some person or persons tell me that what I have is not good or that is deffective or dangerous or whatever. They may know something that I do not know and that will make me investigate further and in that quest I may find something new. In fact, I look forward to hearing from the person that said that he will be posting his impressions on the 201 that are completely different from mine. I will surely learn something new from this person's impressions.

I hope this post will help clear the air.

StevenACNJ

Digital Amps
« Reply #24 on: 16 Apr 2004, 07:11 pm »
I would ver much like to hear from Klaus exactly what he has up his sleve in regard to the digital amp.

Maybe even a picture of a proto type

Peter

Digital Amps
« Reply #25 on: 16 Apr 2004, 09:21 pm »
Hi again,

Give Claus a chance to show the performance of his new amp. NO ONE can say anything before they have heard it.

Today, Claus and me are in two different markets of audio, therefore my best wishes to Claus, SERIOUSLY I MEAN IT.

Peter

Peter

Digital Amps
« Reply #26 on: 16 Apr 2004, 09:50 pm »
And sometimes I miss the discussions with you on the Internet, but unfortunately I am currently too busy to "discuss", anyway, I will never forget the great time in the US 2003, the weekend when I meet Claus and we went JUST to SEE dansgirls (and not to touch) on a Dansbar, next month I am visiting your great country again, I will not say no to a great show like this again! I am pretty sure Claus never mind of my posts in his forum, because he is a GREAT guy and he has GREAT products to very GREAT prices. (Sorry of my spelling errors, I am Danish)

Best regards,
Peter

Marbles

Digital Amps
« Reply #27 on: 16 Apr 2004, 09:53 pm »
Peter,

Let me know if you will be in Indiana.  I'll take you to some more of the clubs where the girls are VERY friendly.

Seemed to me you did plenty of touching....as I recall the girls didn't want you to leave  :wink:

Peter

Digital Amps
« Reply #28 on: 16 Apr 2004, 09:55 pm »
I would LOVE to go to Indiana again, absolutely, but this time it is PA and NY. And I would LOVE to touch  :D , very much indeed  :D

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Digital Amps
« Reply #29 on: 16 Apr 2004, 09:55 pm »
Marbles,

How are those places in good old middle America?

I have only been really "happy" when I have gone out to Vegas for that type of show. :thumb:

George

Peter

Digital Amps
« Reply #30 on: 16 Apr 2004, 10:00 pm »
Marbles, It was SUCH A GREAT TIME to visit you and your city. I have never said THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH, sorry.
Peter

Peter

Digital Amps
« Reply #31 on: 16 Apr 2004, 10:08 pm »
May be it is time to invent a DIGITAL DANCE GIRL  (and forget the digital amps for (may be) "just one day") :o

Marbles

Digital Amps
« Reply #32 on: 16 Apr 2004, 10:37 pm »
Peter,

you're very welcome. It was a fun time.

That digital girl idea sounds GREAT, better than holographic sound :wink:

George, the girls here are very friendly and very inexpensive for lap and table dances....anything else is up to you and the dancer.  The prices are for Fort Wayne, IN  other clubs in the Midwest might not fit the cheap and friendly rule.

George, I wouldn't count on a happy ending but it has been known to happen from time to time.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Digital Amps
« Reply #33 on: 16 Apr 2004, 10:40 pm »
Lap dance is as far as I go...

Anything more would be a very "unhappy ending" according to my beautiful wife.   :lol:

If I ever make it out your way, I will certianly buy you a beer and a dance.

George

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Digital Amps
« Reply #34 on: 20 Apr 2004, 10:11 am »
Coming in late here, but...

Comments regarding comparisons between components like Anton's is EXACTLY what an audio forum should look like:

1. Polite

2. Intelligent

3. Informed

4. Detailed

5. Concise

6. Without an agenda

7. Covering good equipment that isn't easy to come by and in an A/B setting

Thanks Anton, and keep posting.

J North

Update on digital Amp?
« Reply #35 on: 22 May 2004, 07:07 pm »
Any news on the release of the Odyssey digital amp?

With the ICEH2O, EVS (Ric Shultz) and DIYCable Exodus designs out, the field is rapidly expanding (finally!).

rosconey

Digital Amps
« Reply #36 on: 22 May 2004, 10:32 pm »
a member said it made it to the new york show-
no other info yet

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Digital Amps
« Reply #37 on: 23 May 2004, 03:40 am »
Quote from: rosconey
no other info yet
It was there, but not fully finished yet. I listened to one song using it....did sound good. I'd say its almost done..... :)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Digital Amps
« Reply #38 on: 24 May 2004, 12:10 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Quote from: rosconey
no other info yet
It was there, but not fully finished yet. I listened to one song using it....did sound good. I'd say its almost done..... :)
Here is horsehead's picture of the amp...  http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?set_albumName=albup02&id=53_G&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php  ...still a work in progress. :)

klaus@odyssey

Digital Amps
« Reply #39 on: 29 May 2004, 10:43 pm »
OK,  as for the digital amp,   after the show and using the amp now in a coupl of different systems,  I know that I'm on the right track by not going with a d - or t - module.  Even though I can't say that I'm successful at completely bridging the digital crispness with the emotions of analog,  it's definitely a huge step forward. (as to what I'm trying to do that is)

Late,

Klaus