A Message from an audiophile at Stanford U - hope is on the horizon!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
-----Original Message-----

Sent: July-21-11 12:32 AM
To: jamestanner@bryston.com
Subject: Thanks for the 4B-SST2

James,

I am a closet audiophile and recent college graduate who inherited his father's love of music and audio fidelity.

My graduation present was a 4B-SST2. We connected it today to some Thiels, a Benchmark DAC1 and a Mac Pro.

What a miracle. Thanks for creating a company so relentlessly driven by quality, measurements, and synthesizing the best of both professional and audiophile worlds. I wish there were other firms out there who were as obsessed about making great products, and would perhaps take a similar stand as you have to cut through the noise of audiophile subjectivity.

If it is any consolation to your comments in a recent interview: I do not believe we are on "a race to the bottom." There is a generation of technically-oriented and thoughtful young graduates, your future lifelong loyal consumers, hungry for the subtlety and complexity of your next products.

Warm regards,
Aman=

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Nice graduation present! Looks like they're out there. I guess not all youngsters have succumbed to ipod-mania!  :icon_lol:

BrysTony

-----Original Message-----

Sent: July-21-11 12:32 AM
To: jamestanner@bryston.com
Subject: Thanks for the 4B-SST2

James,

I am a closet audiophile and recent college graduate who inherited his father's love of music and audio fidelity.

My graduation present was a 4B-SST2. We connected it today to some Thiels, a Benchmark DAC1 and a Mac Pro.

What a miracle. Thanks for creating a company so relentlessly driven by quality, measurements, and synthesizing the best of both professional and audiophile worlds. I wish there were other firms out there who were as obsessed about making great products, and would perhaps take a similar stand as you have to cut through the noise of audiophile subjectivity.

If it is any consolation to your comments in a recent interview: I do not believe we are on "a race to the bottom." There is a generation of technically-oriented and thoughtful young graduates, your future lifelong loyal consumers, hungry for the subtlety and complexity of your next products.

Warm regards,
Aman=

James,

Aman's love of audio fidelity and his optimistic viewpoint is great to hear. It is such a well written letter by this young man.  Invite him to join the forum -- I would love to hear more from him as time goes on.

Tony

vegasdave

Yeah, that would be cool to have him here.

larevoj

Kids from Ivy League schools are a lucky bunch...smart kids/parents make smart choice  :thumb:

vegasdave

This is true...

Phil A

It's great to see younger people getting into the hobby and appreciating quality playback vs. MP3s

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
Great to hear a younger person so concerned about hifi. This was my feeling when I began the "journey". Yes, there is hope for the future . I too would like him to join the forum.  :thumb:

John Casler

Kids from Ivy League schools are a lucky bunch...smart kids/parents make smart choice  :thumb:

I might add, that I had the pleasure of working with Aman's father on this project, and he was thoughtful, grascious, and driven to find the "right" amp to help his son to enjoy his audio proclivity.

While he started quite early in his quest, it didn't take him too long to realize that the 4b SST2 was the gear for the goal.

Obviously, he did a good job.

Now for a BDP-1 and BDA-1 :lol:

Phil A

Get him to join the forum and we promise to work on that :lol:

vegasdave

I might add, that I had the pleasure of working with Aman's father on this project, and he was thoughtful, grascious, and driven to find the "right" amp to help his son to enjoy his audio proclivity.

While he started quite early in his quest, it didn't take him too long to realize that the 4b SST2 was the gear for the goal.

Obviously, he did a good job.

and a turntable!  :P  :thumb:

John Casler

Get him to join the forum and we promise to work on that :lol:

I have posted his father and asked he be made aware of this thread.

BrysTony

Uh, Oh!  Tell him we know Stanford is not an Ivy League school and that it is in Palo Alto, CA not in Northeast USA.  :D

Tony

skunark

Nice graduation present! Looks like they're out there. I guess not all youngsters have succumbed to ipod-mania!  :icon_lol:
He has a Mac Pro, going to school that is very close to the Apple Campus, betting he does and there's nothing wrong with that.    It's not hard to get an iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad, iTunes and BDP to work together, in fact, i can't think of a better solution for convenience and sound.   

Phil A

Seriously, this is a great hobby.  Other than visiting audio stores, audio shows, concerts and other audiophile's homes, it is one that tends to keep someone spending more time at home vs. going to the local tavern during the week or something else not being home much of time.  Since we take our systems and upgrades seriously, it also promotes planning on placement within a good environment to live in.  Visiting places like this is not bad either.  You always learn.

SoundGame

If he's got a Bryston 4B-SST/2 - he's already begun to drink the proverbial "Kool-Aid".  Getting him on this Circle will indoctrinate him completely. 

zeeman

Next year treat yourself to a BDA-1 and enjoy the upgrade.

vegasdave

He has a Mac Pro, going to school that is very close to the Apple Campus, betting he does and there's nothing wrong with that.    It's not hard to get an iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad, iTunes and BDP to work together, in fact, i can't think of a better solution for convenience and sound.   

I understand that. What I meant was using an I-pod solely as one's music system.

Stu Pitt

Uh, Oh!  Tell him we know Stanford is not an Ivy League school and that it is in Palo Alto, CA not in Northeast USA.  :D

Tony

You beat me to it, Tony.

Don't congratulate him on his Ive League diploma.  He may get offended.

ltr317

You beat me to it, Tony.

Don't congratulate him on his Ive League diploma.  He may get offended.

Oh please, Leland Stanford was no saint.  And it's Ivy.   :D