The Police are German,
The Chefs are British,
The Mechanics are French,
The Lovers are Swiss
And
It's all organized by the Italians

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Heaven and Hell
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2011, 01:24 pm »
 :thumb:

decal

« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2011, 04:21 pm »
And just where do we fat add, lazy Americans fit into this grand scheme of things?   :scratch:

ctviggen

« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2011, 04:33 pm »
And just where do we fat add, lazy Americans fit into this grand scheme of things?   :scratch:

Hmmm..Fat and lazy but still the #1 economy in the world?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28nominal%29

sebrof

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2011, 09:26 pm »

It's a joke about European cultures, Americans don't fit into it at all.

decal

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2011, 09:58 pm »
Yes, I realized that. Thanks.  BTW, it was supposed to read ass not add (Damned phone)!!!

pjchappy

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2011, 11:45 pm »
I'm sure humor is intended with some responses, but let's keep politics out of this.

Posts left and posts removed have all been judgment calls on my part, so if you want to complain, PM me. . .don't post here.

Paul

CSI

« Reply #7 on: 14 Aug 2011, 12:03 am »
No politics? How about a little ethnicity then?

The Frenchman says, "I am tired and thirsty. I must have wine."

The German says, "I am tired and thirsty. I must have beer."

The Jew says, "I am tired and thirsty. I must have diabetes."

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
« Reply #8 on: 14 Aug 2011, 12:42 am »

The Frenchman says, "I am tired and thirsty. I must have wine."

The German says, "I am tired and thirsty. I must have beer."

The Jew says, "I am tired and thirsty. I must have diabetes."

The American says, "Gimme a Big Gulp!"

pjchappy

« Reply #9 on: 14 Aug 2011, 01:02 am »

Well, as a result of this comment and your included joke (not necessarily singling you out), here is a perfect time to post this:  there is a good chance someone's humor is going to offend someone, somewhere, to some degree.  The site rules regarding forbidden topics such as politics (including economics), religion and personal attacks (including ethnicity) are there to prevent the posting of subject matter that always ends up breaking down into heated arguments.  However, this Circle's clear intent is to allow for posts that make light of things in life (to an extent. . .please read on). 

I have noticed recent posts that (for me) have crossed the line to a degree more so than in the past.  After being around the block a few times on this site, at this point, I only see a few options for the continued existence of this Circle:  1.) If you don't like the title of a post (and you are not a masochist), then don't click on and subsequently read the post; 2.)  If you read something you were offended by, don't post a response that will further incite things (unless you are a sadist). . .instead, PM me and I will look into it; and 3.) If you fall into one or both of the personality types in my parentheticals above and continue to make such posts, further action will be taken (but you may just like that. . . :lol:).

In other words, be mindful of what you post in this Circle (especially when it comes to posting pictures).  Clearly, this Circle would not exist if the goal was to cater to those with extreme sensitivity regarding [fill in the blank].  Regardless, when creating a post or a response, simply consider the fact this Circle is completely off-topic when it comes to the true purpose of this Site -- this Circle is not why people visit AudioCircle.com.

Paul

CSI

« Reply #10 on: 14 Aug 2011, 10:06 pm »
Thanks for your post Paul. I'm sure moderating is a difficult and thankless job. And I am not singling you out when I make the following comment, nor was I trying to ambush you. But this is most assuredly political correctness ad absurdum. Ever heard of Bel Kaufman? She is a Holocaust survivor and author of "Up the Down Staircase". She is not only a great humorist but a scholar of Jewish humor. In fact, she taught a course in Jewish humor at Hunter College in New York. She recently told this joke on her 100th birthday. She says she used it in her college class to illustrate the importance of humor to Jews in extreme circumstances. Her class dissected it as a means of studying why so much humor is not only ethnic but why so many of our great humorists are Jewish.

But never mind. I will refrain from posting any more jokes to avoid offending anyone who may be working overtime to find offense where there is none.

JohnR

« Reply #11 on: 15 Aug 2011, 10:48 am »
But this is most assuredly political correctness ad absurdum.

Bullshit. It was deliberate provocation on your part.

werd

« Reply #12 on: 15 Aug 2011, 07:27 pm »

Hell is Where:
The Police are German,
The Chefs are British,
The Mechanics are French,
The Lovers are Swiss
And
It's all organized by the Italians

AMERICANS are the bankers

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #13 on: 15 Aug 2011, 08:06 pm »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

geezer

« Reply #14 on: 15 Aug 2011, 08:58 pm »
My contribution isn't a joke, but it is a humorous true story that reflects something about the Germanic culture.

One morning I took my family to a restaurant in Vienna for breakfast. My wife ordered "Ham Omelet" from the menu. When it arrived, she found it was really runny, which she hated. I called the waitress over and (translation from the German) I asked that it be taken back to the kitchen to be cooked more. She said she couldn't do that. When I asked why she replied: "Then it wouldn't be Ham Omelet."

Apparently, at that restaurant the definition of "Ham Omelet" included the precise degree of cooking; not more, not less. I like runny eggs, so we switched breakfasts, and had a little laugh about it.