Those of you wanting to buy Plast-i-Clay for turntable innards

TheChairGuy

These are the cheapest guys I have found and they have their 2x yearly sale going on now  :thumb:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save 11% NOW!

* Go to www.allartsupplies.com.
* Shop.
* When you checkout, enter COUPON CODE 072911
* Save a bundle!

Enjoy Free Shipping  when you spend $250 or more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plast-i-Clay page: http://www.allartsupplies.com/item.php?articleId=120

I've tried several brands of non-hardening modeling clay over time and have found time after time that Plast-i-Clay goes on the easiest (to ones hands).  The worst was NAMCO brand I got once or twice...it was shotty, Mexican made stuff sold at the Ben Franklin Craft stores.

Ciao, John
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2011, 11:36 pm by TheChairGuy »

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Hey John, Thanks for the heads-up. Am curious, have you had any experience with Crayola Model Magic modeling plastic clay ?  That was all I could find at the local art/handicraft shops. Am getting closer to having a work area set up to start on the restoration of my TD 160 Mk II, would rather find out now if I got the wrong stuff, than after I've done packed it.

Hope all is well with you.  :thumb:

Wayner

I use the EZ Shape brand because it is available at the local Joann Fabrics store that my wife visits often. It comes in various colors, tho occasionally they will get black in.

It's easy to work with, does not harden, and washes off your hands easily.

Wayner

TheChairGuy

Hey John, Thanks for the heads-up. Am curious, have you had any experience with Crayola Model Magic modeling plastic clay ?  That was all I could find at the local art/handicraft shops. Am getting closer to having a work area set up to start on the restoration of my TD 160 Mk II, would rather find out now if I got the wrong stuff, than after I've done packed it.

Hope all is well with you.  :thumb:

Nope - haven't tried the Crayola stuff 'cause I think it's only bright pastel colors I've seen (natch - it's Crayola :wink:).  Just make sure it's NON-HARDENING modeling clay...there are many types out there that harden quite purposely so.

At least it's probably safe if targeted to kids (no large company that sells to kids wants to incur undue liabilities in this litigious society we live in today).  So if the colors don't make you want to wretch :lol: go for it.

I'm a modeling clay snob I guess....I only use solid color - normally tan or grey.  I bought black twice and it stained my fingers and was hard to remove.

The EZ Shape stuff is pretty good...I've probably used it more than any other (as Plast-i-Clay is hard to find).  But, overall, it's the Plast-i-Clay that goes on the easiest and is less than half the cost of EZ SHape I've found in the stores. I think I've most often paid $4.00 for it versus $1.73 or whatever.

As you normally don't need more than 8lbs in any deck...it's not like my post and coupon to allartsupplies. com will save you a fortune....just a little if you need to do a TT from scratch.

Yup - all good, you too I hope?  Ciao, John
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2011, 11:37 pm by TheChairGuy »

dlaloum

For those in Australia....

Plasticine - available at officeworks or any kindergarden supplier at under AU$4 per 500g- all the colours + Black....

Having filled my plinth with fruity colours, I just picked up another 1.5kg to top things off, and also use on headshells/arm - but for the external use I picked black. (boring of me I know!)