Schiit announces a fully upgrade-able DAC for $449- Thanks ted_b

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Is there still the prospect of a tour for this baby? I'd be interested.

Your wish is my command.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=96786.0

firedog

Anyone notice on their web site that they put the shipping date off till Sept 30? (was end August).

roscoeiii

Yeah, I think they posted on HeadFi that they had a delay getting some part, a transformer I believe.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Yep--they had a parts issue as in getting the ones they want in a timely fashion, I don't know specifics other than that and I think end of September is new date. You must be patient waiting for Schiit.--hahahaha....I actually laughed at that one...back to sleep...LOL

Rocket

Hi,

This dac looks interesting I may consider purchasing it to replace my aging Perpetual Technologies p3a (modwright level 2).

I have a pioneer 507 cd player that has g & d modifications to the clock and output which make it perfect as a transport.

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

Rod

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
Does anyone know if the new Schiit DAC will handle native integer streams?

roscoeiii

Altplasma,

You might want to check the headfi thread. I believe that a lot of details have been assembled in the first couple posts of a thread there.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
I didn't see anything on the Headfi thread (but thanks for the suggestion). So I sent an email to Jason Stoddard. Here is his response:

Yes, we accept 32-bit data (which is essentially what integer mode is.)

Jason Stoddard
Co-Founder

http://www.schiit.com
(323) 230-0079

jason@schiit.com

eclein

• Volunteer
We gotta be getting these soon....is anybody else as pumped as I about this Schiit!!!!

WC

Supposed to start shipping at the end of the month. It should take a couple of weeks for Schiit to make and send out the preorders after that. So Ed you should have one a month from now.

tford

Just preordered a Bifrost w/usb (my first dac). Any suggestions on cables? Maybe Bluejeans? I have a Kimber usb b-bus cable, will it work? any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks!

eclein

• Volunteer
I'm tight with my audio dealer, I'll have mine I think inside of a month unless they are held up again but I doubt that.
 I'm like a little kid with gear and when I know a new piece is heading my way its like waiting for Santa on what was my favorite holiday for all the wrong reasons...LOL..I can't wait to hear this Schiit!!!!!!!!!!!  :deadhorse: :flak: :stupid: :peek:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Looks like I might get to hear the Schiit Befrost DAC at RMAF in a few weeks.  Hope it makes it! 

tomytoons

I had a question on my order in house. Jason stated they will ship in the order received. My order # is 51. Looking forward to this beating more expensive oPamp offerings you know which ones.  :peek:

There are some new actual picts and back panel up on the site not renditions.
Some nude picts coming soon. Ahhh, 4 days to gooooooo........
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2011, 02:47 pm by tomytoons »

OzarkTom

Just preordered a Bifrost w/usb (my first dac). Any suggestions on cables? Maybe Bluejeans? I have a Kimber usb b-bus cable, will it work? any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks!

Jason at Virtue audio has a good one at a reasonable price.

tomytoons

Nothing will be shipped for a couple days, like next week.
Read here>>>

http://www.head-fi.org/t/560639/haute-schiit-bifrost-is-worlds-most-affordable-fully-upgradable-dac/150

Is this the most anticipated product launch?
How many of these are on order?

gregcss

bummer, i'm looking forward to reading everyone's review in a few weeks...hopefully.

roscoeiii

Well, if there is one thing I have learned to expect in the world of hot new products, is the inevitable product delays. More the norm than exception to the norm these days. And all things considered, Schiit's delays on this DAC aren't so bad.

Now to patiently wait for reviews...

skunark

Anyone own any of the Schiit's  headphone amps?   

From what I've been reading is that a transformer in the Asgard (SS headphone amp) is noisy, curious if the DAC or the Tube Headphone amps share the same fate.  The combo of a headphone amp and the dac is definitely something i'm interested in.

Jim

tomytoons

I read that too. Supposed to be the same trannie in common I guess.
I would think that they would fix that but it was answered by Jason as some hum is evident in one of the Headphone amps.

If it hums without the words it goes back. Simple.