Schiit announces a fully upgrade-able DAC for $449- Thanks ted_b

HT cOz

Tour Tour Tour. Lol

bacobits1

Yea, I'd be interested in hearing that Schiit for $349.

Den

jswanson57

There's a review of the Schiit Lyr at 6moons ...

www.6moons.com/audioreviews/schiit/12.html

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
I've inquired about a tour, we'll see if they have any interest.  Shipping begins Aug 31 so we have a bit of time before anything will kick off.  Who else is interested?

Edit: That was fast, Jason Stoddard at Schiit says they are very interested in participating in a tour.  They are going to try to ship a little earlier than Aug 31, but it won't be much earlier.  I'll sticky a sign up sheet shortly.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Those guys really have they're Schiit together.....awesome stuff ahead I do believe.... :thumb:

Rclark

nice find.

eclein

• Volunteer
I'm expecting a Schiit storm..... 8) :dance:

bacobits1

:rotflmao:
I'm seriously looking at this Schiit. Ed, did you place an order?
Does anyone know anything about this AKM4399 D/A Converter chip?

I see Esoteric, Cary, and Denon uses it.
If it matters, from a search, Alex P from APL thinks it's the best chip out there.

Den

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
I have a Behringer DEQ2496 that has a DAC section modded by Scott Endler: 

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4c5pt/

His site explains the "direct out" approach and his choice of the AK4395 chip.  It is a very good DAC to my ears.

eclein

• Volunteer
I ordered some Schiit, its a gamble but I think the timing is perfect for Schiit and if they come up with a miss right now it would be a huge mistake and with these guys being old vets of this business and launching a new company, to follow up the great reviews they are getting with a mistake at this point in time, I just DO NOT see that happening so...I ordered me up some Schiit. Plus if say it is a bomb or borderline good, you know that the first chance they get they'll put out some boards as upgrades that will make it fly higher then most. Its a win, its gotta be, there is too much on the line for these guys. Also, the price is ridiculously good, the biggest thing all the reviewers said about Asgard and whatever else they reviewed by Schiit was the performance was way ahead of the price point.
 These guys have made a living in this business for awhile now and in this day and age just to be able to do that is huge, not only are they doing that they are knocking out the competition all the way around while doing it...now that is some real Schiit!!!!!!! :thumb:

Sam-fi

I am wondering what would be a good pairing for a bifrost and lyr or Valhalla?  :thumb:

Sam,

bacobits1

Ordered da "Shiit".
Ed, this is all your fault of course.  :singing:

JLM, thanks for the link, if the modded Behringer DEQ2496 beat the Benchmark DAC1 that's pretty good. I lived with the DAC1 for 6 months and Liked it a lot. I probably should not have gotten rid of it, famous last words. The DAC1 was in a completely different system at the time, but still very nice. It was everything all the reviews said it was "a benchmark".

Den

srb

I knew the headphone amp names came from Norse mythology, but what of this curious "Bifrost"?  Then I found that

In Norse mythology, Bifröst or Bilröst is a burning rainbow bridge that reaches between Midgard (the world) and Asgard, the realm of the gods.

Steve

bacobits1

Well, I hope there is a "rainbow" here.
Good detective work!

D

eclein

• Volunteer
I really just wanted to have a nice sounding system and somebody ask me what kinda gear is that? "Its just a buncha schiit"..."a pile of schiit I threw together"...."...just some schiit" and on and on...... LOL....I'm quirky like that...hahahaha.... :thumb:

bacobits1

Budda Bing!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

D

srb

I do want to be around when the schiit hits the ..... speakers.

Steve

bacobits1

It may be a good Idea they don't write Schiit on the casework anywhere.
Until you have to place a FS ad maybe. Too funny!

The styled casework looks very nice, cool logo.

D

HT cOz

Yeah very cool logo. I think it spells schiit.

I love the idea of good priced American gear. If you look at the internal picks you will notice that they don't use a single wire. Pretty cool.

eclein

• Volunteer
Where are you guys finding these pics???  I'm missing something.....LOL....yeah I know I've always been missing something...