What does 6MOONS think of NuFORCE Edition OPPOs?

John Casler

What does 6MOONS think of NuFORCE Edition OPPOs?
« on: 30 Jun 2011, 07:18 pm »
Was sent this 6MOONS review today of the OPPO BDP-93 NuFORCE Editions and found it quite complete, interesting and compelling.

I found this quote particularly so:

Connecting the Oppo/NuForce NXE to my Bent Audio Tap-X preamp, its digital output to the NWO-M's BNC input to A/B a $1.399 player with one upward of $20.000, I'll simply say that the modified Oppo is a shocker. In the context of an all Zu Event wired system with ModWright KWA-100SE amp and Mark+Daniel Fantasia S speakers, the advantage in presence, tonal fullness and suavity of the Esoteric/APL was unbelievably minor. Detractors could blame my system or my ears for lack of ultimate resolution. I still wager that 95% of our readers would be in the same boat with regard to biological and techno hardware. Of course the NuForce does nothing for high-end credibility. It's a polyester suit. But as a very informed, strategic 'insider-trading' buy it's pure bespoke Saville Row. That makes it an option the competition should really wish was illegal.

The whole review can be found HERE

It does not just reference the OPPO and the NuFORCE Edition mods, but also several other mods and utilizations of the BDP-93 OPPO platform.

This must be why my NuFORCE clients and customers like their OPPOs so much. :thumb: