Bought new Logans today!!! oh oh!

danman

Bought new Logans today!!! oh oh!
« on: 7 Jun 2011, 11:13 pm »
I bought a pair of new Martin Logan ESL's today :-0  !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to break them in and compare but so far, I like them more than my Focals!!!! Not as bright or flat!! Half the price too!!!! I just love the sound of ML's!!!
These are going to be huge hit on a weak audio market right now!! I am not sure how they pulled off building an XSTAT panel at that price! I do know that they are always back order so that is a sign! Built in Canada too! Easy load at 6 ohms! Now I have too many speakers!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bought new Logans today!!! oh oh!
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2011, 11:15 pm »
I bought a pair of new Martin Logan ESL's today :-0  !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to break them in and compare but so far, I like them more than my Focals!!!! Not as bright or flat!! Half the price too!!!! I just love the sound of ML's!!!
These are going to be huge hit on a weak audio market right now!! I am not sure how they pulled off building an XSTAT panel at that price! I do know that they are always back order so that is a sign! Built in Canada too! Easy load at 6 ohms! Now I have too many speakers!

Congrats Dan - ENJOY :thumb:

James

danman

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2011, 11:22 pm »
I already am!!!!! :D

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jun 2011, 11:36 pm »
Way to go. May I ask which model did you go for? :thumb: :dance:  Thanks..

ChrisBo

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2011, 11:48 pm »
Congrats!!! Enjoy the new speakers

danman

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jun 2011, 11:56 pm »
Oh sorry I thought I did! ElectroMotion ESL. Listened to the Theos but liked these ones more!

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jun 2011, 01:27 am »

Savor the buzz, Danman !   :thumb:

D.D.

headshrinker2

« Reply #7 on: 8 Jun 2011, 01:43 am »
Enjoy the music!

pardales

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jun 2011, 01:44 am »
Congrats! Nothings quite as fun as new speakers in this hobby :thumb: Enjoy.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #9 on: 8 Jun 2011, 10:00 am »
Congrats!

danman

« Reply #10 on: 8 Jun 2011, 12:34 pm »
After owning a pair of ReQuests that I rebuilt from ground up with new panels, woofers and modified crossover, I was very satisfied but they were really hard to drive and sooooooo big in my room! I was planning on getting the 7BSST2 but they were a little more then my budget so I decided to sell them and bought the Focals. They are really a great speaker but I find them a little bright and flat for my taste. I like music from rock to classical so I need something less fatiguing.
The ElectroMotion is a new speaker with the XSTAT technology at a price that amazed me. I decided to try them based on a short listen a few weeks ago. Well........I find them better then my ReQuests!! Just the right size, excellent build quality and integrate really well with my ML sub. Really nice mid-bass. I am not sure how they pulled this off but I do know that they are selling out everywhere so I guess people are finally getting the chance to experience a panel speaker. Of course, not for everyone just like anything else but properly set up, they are really something to experience.
As I said, I compare them to the Theos at 5000$ and noticed no difference! A little stronger bass but I use a great sub so not necessary. A good sub properly set up with ML's is sublime! They are really easy on amp load too compared to most of their models at 6ohms. My 4BSST2 does not get any warmer than before and the dynamics seem equal to me compared to my Focals. I can play them loud with extremely clean sound easy on the ears. They seem very well adapted to Bryston sound compared to some older models.

Great job Martin Logan!

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #11 on: 8 Jun 2011, 05:19 pm »
Sounds good!

Sparky14

« Reply #12 on: 8 Jun 2011, 07:23 pm »
I regretted selling my Aerius 10 years ago. One day, I'll find a way to get M-L back in the house. Might not be until the kids are off to college, but I'll get there!

danman

« Reply #13 on: 8 Jun 2011, 07:38 pm »
These are the Aerius times 100!!!!!! Had a pair of those too........they were my first!

niels

« Reply #14 on: 8 Jun 2011, 10:08 pm »
Its really hard to abandon electrostatics, they will catch you and reel you in, for good.
I had my Aeon I for 5 years now, Bryston is the first amp I had where you can set the volume really low and still enjoy full resolution, amazing clarity, spooky.

BrassEar

« Reply #15 on: 8 Jun 2011, 10:29 pm »
I still love my Aeon-i's. After building and owning almost every speaker brand and type out there, I remain solidly in the ML camp. Even after hearing many speakers/systems and the recent SHOW in Newport Beach, I came home to my Logans and didn't miss a thing. This was after listening to 50K speakers!

Enjoy the warm glow of Martin Logans!

danman

« Reply #16 on: 8 Jun 2011, 10:41 pm »
Its really hard to abandon electrostatics, they will catch you and reel you in, for good.
I had my Aeon I for 5 years now, Bryston is the first amp I had where you can set the volume really low and still enjoy full resolution, amazing clarity, spooky.
[/quote

I agree. However, if you go over to the Martin Logan site, they think Bryston is wrong for ML's!!! I could never understand that. But it is a site that is a little snobby and not always welcoming to comments that are out of their norm.

I have tried many speakers as well but for some reason, my ears and mind are set on their particular qualities that no other speaker reproduces.

niels

« Reply #17 on: 8 Jun 2011, 10:46 pm »
I am at the ML forum sometimes but dont like it much.
I never had the urge to try a different amp with the ML, nuff said.

GaryArthur

« Reply #18 on: 9 Jun 2011, 12:49 am »
I am at the ML forum sometimes but dont like it much.
I never had the urge to try a different amp with the ML, nuff said.

I just sold my Aeon i's but I still have 10 ML's all using Bryston power, nuff said.

desertrat58

« Reply #19 on: 9 Jun 2011, 12:51 am »
I've only heard MLs 3 times, but I've like 'em everytime. Heard the Summit Xs at THE Show this weekend, driven by a Mac amp, and they sounded smooth and wonderful. I think the dealer (Digital Ear, Tustin, CA) was A/Bing these with your speaker to show how good the little brothers are, but I didn't get a chance to hear those.

BTW, only Bryston I spotted at THE Show was a BDP1 in the YG speakers room. One room had a Torus power conditioner.

Enjoy your panels  :thumb: