Used LP, CD sources in Detroit area?

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Used LP, CD sources in Detroit area?
« on: 4 Jun 2011, 07:59 pm »
I am just north of the Motor City (Pontiac area) for two more days.  Any suggestions for good used LP stores?

Thanks,

'brick

orthobiz

Re: Used LP, CD sources in Detroit area?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jun 2011, 12:03 am »
Go to Ann Arbor. Go to Encore, it's amazing. It may close this year. "No" new records!
If you get there early enough, you can hit PJ's, it's on the second floor of the tiniest little triangular block, it's easy to miss. If you are willing to move a box or two out of the way, he has a great collection of imported rock.
Also, Wazoo, upstairs, also sell CD's.

Don't know Detroit, but if you have a car, these are worthwhile!

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun 2011, 11:13 am »
So, thunder, whadja wind up doing? Did you listen to the Biz???

Paul

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2011, 02:36 am »
Sorry I didn’t see this earlier… but for future reference…  Been travelling to Troy MI regularly for a few months now and have managed to hit a few:

1.  Encore - I listened to the Biz and as Paul stated it's a pretty sweet place...  for the collegetown atmosphere as well as scads of used vinyl and CDs. 

2. Flipside Music – Nice place / nice people, not the greatest selection but good quality at good prices.

3.  Record Graveyard – rock selection a little thin but high volume of jazz and blues here

4.  Dearborn Music – Not a huge used rock selection, but everything was in great shape.  Large selection of new vinyl, tons of new and used CDs, also lots of DVDs, tshirts, misc.

5.  The Record Collector – medium size but very solid rock selection; loads of used CDs.   Cool little town.

Next up is People's Records and Street Corner Music….  but  I may need to curb the collecting ; with all the travelling I’ve no time to clean and enjoy them!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jun 2011, 02:40 am »
So, thunder, whadja wind up doing? Did you listen to the Biz???

Paul

Turns out the work schedule wouldn't let me get over to Ann Arbor.  I barely made my flight out.  :(

Next time I head up there I'll build in time to do some shopping.  Thanks for the references!  :thumb:

orthobiz

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2011, 12:38 pm »
Next time!

Paul