900 Watt Tube Monos by Bob Carver

JohnR

Re: 900 Watt Tube Monos by Bob Carver
« Reply #20 on: 15 May 2011, 02:03 pm »
"This amp has a DC filament supply, unheard of in power amps"

Um...

Well, it's an interesting read anyway. (I skipped the questions.)

Unison845

« Reply #21 on: 17 May 2011, 02:46 pm »
"This amp has a DC filament supply, unheard of in power amps"

Um...

Well, it's an interesting read anyway. (I skipped the questions.)

Well, may be back in the Citation days...

geowak

« Reply #22 on: 17 May 2011, 03:38 pm »
I cannot speak about this Carver amp, but I'VE HEARD his stuff is "great". And therein lies the problem

It's too bad that so many audio lovers fall for all the hype. If you listen to it and are somewhat educated and you like what you hear, that is the best way to judge the equipment. But....

To many audio product makers and builders experiment with ideas and make claims about how "great" those products sound. The rag mags come in and TELL YOU how "wonderful" these products sound. And much to our surprise, many people buy into it hook, line and sinker?!?!

I owned a product by company "O" and fell into this trap. After spending a fair amount of money, and selling it all off because of design problems I came away with the notion most of what you hear is hype.

But alot of people said this stuff was "great". I have to laugh...

weitrhino

« Reply #23 on: 20 May 2011, 01:00 am »
While I agree completely with the notion of the only thing that matters is what it sounds like to you, I'm interpreting the rest of your statement to assert that innovative design and press review don't amount to a hill of beans.  While I wouldn't use these criteria as my sole data set to determine a purchase I see no reason why one shouldn't get excited about their choices in equipment.  You must always consider the source but you make your purchases based on what pleases you. It sounds like sour grapes in your case dealing with company "O," but that in no way negates claims made by those supporting company "C."  If you cannot speak about a particular amp then it seems pointless to rail against those who are enthused.

If this is off base would you care to clarify your original intent?

ratso

« Reply #24 on: 20 May 2011, 01:12 am »
very pretty amps. crazy. but very pretty.  :thumb:

Pez

« Reply #25 on: 20 May 2011, 04:02 am »
46 minutes left!

mgalusha

« Reply #26 on: 20 May 2011, 06:54 pm »
$32K. :o :o Wow, I figured they would hit $20K but over 30G's is more than I expected.

Berto

« Reply #27 on: 20 May 2011, 07:05 pm »
$32K. :o :o Wow, I figured they would hit $20K but over 30G's is more than I expected.

WOW is right :o I think i'm gonna put my amps on ebay now!

werd

« Reply #28 on: 20 May 2011, 07:57 pm »
Wouldn't you want to buy these right from Bob Carver instead of ebay?.