Using MacBook to control new MacMini

THROWBACK

Using MacBook to control new MacMini
« on: 5 May 2011, 12:57 am »
Hey guys. I just bought a Mach2 Mini system as an upgrade. I had been using a MacBook coupled to an Ayre QB9 DAC. Now I would like to use the MacBook to: 1) transfer my MacBook music files (Amarra and Itunes) to the Mini; 2) use the MacBook as a display/control device for the Mini for the current stuff and for future downloads. Is there a really basic step-by-step procedure written down somewhere that I could take advantage of? Oh, did I mention, "really basic?"
Thanks.

jparkhur

Re: Using MacBook to control new MacMini
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2011, 01:19 am »
Yes, just use the connect to, share screen.  You can see the screen and do whatever you need.  When done, shut down.  Look for screen share

soundslikemusic

« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2011, 06:22 am »
Hi jparkhur

Kindly elaborate further what you have shared to the original poster ? Thanks much

trianglezerius

« Reply #3 on: 5 May 2011, 11:37 am »
I use my Macbook to control my Mini's Itunes. I just go into finder on the Macbook and hit command + K and click on the computer I want to control. I move files around and use Itunes from the Macbook easily.

jparkhur

« Reply #4 on: 5 May 2011, 12:08 pm »
Soundslikemusic:

No problem.  I snagged a link that may help with directions.  http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-10329122-263.html

I have 5 macs, and under system preferences you can set this up go to - remote management, you can set up who can log in to your mac.  just make sure to set passwords and so forth.  If you are on the same network, your computers should pop up in the finder to the left under shared computers.  If you have a dot.mac account, you can even log in to your computer from outside the network.  Make sure to see what apple is going to do with the new cloud system they have in NC????  See images 1 and 2  If you need more explaining, just ask.. no problem

jparkhur

« Reply #5 on: 5 May 2011, 12:10 pm »
2nd...  as posted above, command k works too, but the screen share formate maybe easier for some to work with out all the ip address.  Thoughts....

JP

jparkhur

THROWBACK

« Reply #7 on: 5 May 2011, 12:42 pm »
Wow! Great response everyone, but a lot to digest. I'll set it up, give 'er a rip and see what happens. I hope my question quotient has not been exhausted however...
Thanks much,
Chuck