Put new power cords on amp or Torus

adol290

Put new power cords on amp or Torus
« on: 29 Apr 2011, 02:12 pm »
I am getting 2 custom power cords to replace the stock cord on my Brystom 28b's. I only have enough
 cash to get 2 cords.

But i am wondering whether I should replace the power cords on my amps first, or both my Torus rm20 balanced.
The torus's are a 20 amp end, and the 28's are 15 amp end. So I will not be able to test between the two.

Has anyone done testing which showed the best place to put the cords first(the torus or 28b's)

ralph1950

Re: Put new power cords on amp or Torus
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2011, 03:21 pm »
I would think that if Bryston  needed a better power cord, it would have been used before it left the building.  To me, I think power cords are snake oil.  But go for it if it suits you.

adol290

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2011, 03:43 pm »

Unfortunately it is known that riding a motorcycle ruins your hearing.    :lol:

http://www.freehearingtest.com/hia_motorcyclefacts.shtml

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2011, 04:09 pm »
The standard issue power cable is usually 3 x 1.5 mm2, I don't have a clue what the American equivalent is. I replaced my cables with a cheap but thicker cable of 3 x 2.5 mm2. Hearing wise there basically is no difference (apart from the better placement of the elves in the midsummernight full moon-lit air), but current can take it somewhat easier reaching its goal. If you play at loud volumes a lot it might be nicer for your amp.

werd

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2011, 04:10 pm »
Go with the power cords on your amps. I didn't even change out the power cord on my Torus. The cord on your Torus is balanced and its also a very nice tight fit into the Torus and wall. Changing out the power cords on your amps will be far more meaningful.

ralph1950

« Reply #5 on: 7 May 2011, 06:49 pm »
Unfortunately it is known that riding a motorcycle ruins your hearing.    :lol:

http://www.freehearingtest.com/hia_motorcyclefacts.shtml

True!  Actually, I wear a full face helmet and also sparkplug ear plugs.  I value my hearing although it was not always like that!