Electra tube connector installation instructions.

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Re: Electra tube connector installation instructions.
« Reply #60 on: 5 Jan 2021, 02:22 pm »
Question: I know these are the best connection when you have to have some kind of post, but would there be any benefit to speaker wires directly attached?  Like your 24 strand version soldered directly to the crossover?

At some point that wire needed to pass through the cabinet. So that makes a cable like our 24 strand braid a bit unpractical. There needs to be some type of connection that allows it to pass through the cabinet.

Also, what is the best connection for on the amp end? Banana? Bare wire?

Bare wire will oxidize and degrade the signal.

Another set of tube connectors is best. If that isn't an option that a spade connection is the best connection for a typical binding post.

kwatz

« Reply #61 on: 11 Jan 2021, 02:56 pm »
Another set of tube connectors is best. If that isn't an option that a spade connection is the best connection for a typical binding post.

Hi Danny, are tube connectors compatible with the type of outputs featured in these pics (Marantz SR8015)?

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #62 on: 11 Jan 2021, 05:42 pm »
Male tube connectors will fit into traditional binding posts but are slightly smaller and therefore can fall out if the cable is bumped.  I still use them.

Male tube connectors are very snug in the female tube connectors.

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #63 on: 11 Jan 2021, 05:58 pm »
Hi Danny, are tube connectors compatible with the type of outputs featured in these pics (Marantz SR8015)?

The male ends are really only designed to work with the female tube connectors.

kwatz

« Reply #64 on: 11 Jan 2021, 07:05 pm »
The male ends are really only designed to work with the female tube connectors.

Male tube connectors are very snug in the female tube connectors.

Got it, thanks. So for binding posts like this, are spades, raw wire connections or banana plugs preferred? I'm building out my theater system now and plan to get one of Marantz's AVRs, and the manuals only mention doing a raw wire connection. Just wondering which connection on the amp side of the DIY cables I should order. I got the tube connectors on the X-Statiks I bought.

Hobbsmeerkat

« Reply #65 on: 11 Jan 2021, 07:21 pm »
Got it, thanks. So for binding posts like this, are spades, raw wire connections or banana plugs preferred? I'm building out my theater system now and plan to get one of Marantz's AVRs, and the manuals only mention doing a raw wire connection. Just wondering which connection on the amp side of the DIY cables I should order. I got the tube connectors on the X-Statiks I bought.

From most people, spades seem to be the best option, but bananas should be good too, just a tad more convenient.