Looking for the BP30 preamp -- :)

skunark

Re: Looking for the BP30 preamp -- :)
« Reply #20 on: 5 May 2011, 04:45 am »
What's the sensitivity level of your speakers Werd?

werd

« Reply #21 on: 5 May 2011, 04:52 am »
Hey Sku

My speaks are at 6 ohm 200 watts. It really doesn't matter. This fix is at all speaker sensitivity. I flip back and forth to my kef, pmcs and missions. The benefit blankets it. Acoustic zens Adagios are my mains.

skunark

« Reply #22 on: 5 May 2011, 07:33 am »
Hey Sku

My speaks are at 6 ohm 200 watts. It really doesn't matter. This fix is at all speaker sensitivity. I flip back and forth to my kef, pmcs and missions. The benefit blankets it. Acoustic zens Adagios are my mains.

There is a direct correlation between the sensitivity of the speakers to the gain with the volume control.  So ask yourself this...do you use 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4th of the volume knob?

Alpha10

« Reply #23 on: 5 May 2011, 07:39 am »

As far as HT well........  :scratch:

Unfortunately it is a show-stopper for me, and from the responses, others as well. I would love a bp26 - but it will just not integrate  :cry:

Cheers

werd

« Reply #24 on: 5 May 2011, 08:07 am »
There is a direct correlation between the sensitivity of the speakers to the gain with the volume control.  So ask yourself this...do you use 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4th of the volume knob?

You are missing it. I missed it. It was the biggest eye opener in this hobby. Its not about the gain of a pre amp. If that pre amp was plugged into a regular wall the gain has no bearing on the improvement. This is what your are missing. That is what you need to stop dwelling on.... i made the same assumption. The assumption being that if i pick up the gain its going to be on the same scale as improving my AC.

No No No. Once you give it a better AC signal the whole thing changes including the intensity of the musical signal at any volume. Its just way better. Its not like you go from a low gain setting on your pre amp and it gets immediately better. Its not like that. If you get your AC signal improved the entire signal is better from low vol to high vol. You get really good low gain signal at a low volume and its the same as you get more volume or louder.

skunark

« Reply #25 on: 5 May 2011, 08:15 am »
Sadly it's too late for the BP26...... I seen it in action with....man.. my richard gray, dealers torus and ps audio and again richard gray.    Volume is still to sensitive for Aerial Acoustics 20T (amazing BTW) and with the highly sensitive B&W speakers s (804 diamonds  and the older 704s) .... But all of those are at or close to 90dB sensitivity ..     I did consider selling my SUV for the 20Ts.... Since I live a mile from work, food, etc.. I don't need a car...... (Yessss.. addiction gone too far.)

skunark

« Reply #26 on: 5 May 2011, 08:16 am »
Morphine - The Night - The Night....   EB1is...

werd

« Reply #27 on: 5 May 2011, 08:31 am »
Sadly it's too late for the BP26...... I seen it in action with....man.. my richard gray, dealers torus and ps audio and again richard gray.    Volume is still to sensitive for Aerial Acoustics 20T (amazing BTW) and with the highly sensitive B&W speakers s (804 diamonds  and the older 704s) .... But all of those are at or close to 90dB sensitivity ..     I did consider selling my SUV for the 20Ts.... Since I live a mile from work, food, etc.. I don't need a car...... (Yessss.. addiction gone too far.)

oh well.