Call of Duty Black Ops

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Call of Duty Black Ops
« Reply #100 on: 7 Jun 2011, 12:15 am »
Bob get an xbox.... hurry up.

Sorry dude. No thanks.
I've had five. The first four failed (RROD) under "warranty". Actually, replaced at no charge via the ignorrant ladies at the Walmart customer service counter not knowing the policy that these units should not fall under their "make every customer happy" policy. Basically, they were getting replaced at Walmart stupidity, not by Microsoft warranty.
By all rights, I should have had to "eat" every one of these turds.

The fifth one failed out of warranty (Walmart got wise). I did the "reflow/X-clamp" repair. That worked for about a year until the HDD failed.

I even spent money on aftermarket coolers to keep their noisey innards running cooler, to no avail.

That's six failures in not as many years.

I currently run three PS3's in my house. None have ever failed, and one of them is even the first gen 40Gig.

I originally bought the XBox because of MCE capabilities/compatabilities with my home PC running MCE edition O.S. in my home theater room. That turned out to be such a flaming stinky pile of nasty turd it was laughable....but not really very damn funny.

So I bought my first PS3 and the rest is fanboy making history.

If you really wanna know how I feel, just ask. I'll tell ya.  :wink:

Ok, fine....I'll tell ya.... Microsoft can blow me. All three of my PS3's could die tomorrow, and I'll still feel like I got my monies worth.

What was the question?  :scratch:

Bob

p.s. Two years ago I joined a PS3 gaming clan. If I bought an Xbox, they'd tar and feather me, call me names, and kick me out.
In fact, next weekend, there are twenty of the guys coming to Missouri from as far as Washington State, and one from Canada to have a three day float trip. All in the name of "dudes" hanging.....
My last dead 360 will be set on fire, pissed on, and filmed to prove it happened. I'll link to to the video if you'd like.

Woodsea

« Reply #101 on: 7 Jun 2011, 12:44 am »
That is too bad.  Seems we have all been bitten by this generation of consoles.   In a couple of years we will be reminiscing about the good ole years.  Seriously though, you have been hit hard my friend.   I have had 3 xbox's.  1 was a Japanese model that I could not use after leaving Asia.  The next one the DVD player would periodically fail to read, my parents use it now for netflix...and love it.  My last one has been flogged for hours playing Reach.  I am a Hero, to many days in that universe let me tell you. 
My PS3 60gb... YLOD got it 'fixed' by a local, it YLOD again inside 3 mos.  Would have gotten another, but the games were not enough for me to justify another purchase, plus gen 4 is around the corner.  Blu-ray players are CHEAP.
If it works use it.  If you have friends on one, play em.  If your friends are on the other, buy the latest and cross your fingers...there is no perfect answer to our gaming needs, oh did I say needs, well then that is what I meant!!

werd

« Reply #102 on: 7 Jun 2011, 07:13 am »
Sorry dude. No thanks.
I've had five. The first four failed (RROD) under "warranty". Actually, replaced at no charge via the ignorrant ladies at the Walmart customer service counter not knowing the policy that these units should not fall under their "make every customer happy" policy. Basically, they were getting replaced at Walmart stupidity, not by Microsoft warranty.
By all rights, I should have had to "eat" every one of these turds.

The fifth one failed out of warranty (Walmart got wise). I did the "reflow/X-clamp" repair. That worked for about a year until the HDD failed.

I even spent money on aftermarket coolers to keep their noisey innards running cooler, to no avail.

That's six failures in not as many years.

I currently run three PS3's in my house. None have ever failed, and one of them is even the first gen 40Gig.

I originally bought the XBox because of MCE capabilities/compatabilities with my home PC running MCE edition O.S. in my home theater room. That turned out to be such a flaming stinky pile of nasty turd it was laughable....but not really very damn funny.

So I bought my first PS3 and the rest is fanboy making history.

If you really wanna know how I feel, just ask. I'll tell ya.  :wink:

Ok, fine....I'll tell ya.... Microsoft can blow me. All three of my PS3's could die tomorrow, and I'll still feel like I got my monies worth.

What was the question?  :scratch:

Bob

p.s. Two years ago I joined a PS3 gaming clan. If I bought an Xbox, they'd tar and feather me, call me names, and kick me out.
In fact, next weekend, there are twenty of the guys coming to Missouri from as far as Washington State, and one from Canada to have a three day float trip. All in the name of "dudes" hanging.....
My last dead 360 will be set on fire, pissed on, and filmed to prove it happened. I'll link to to the video if you'd like.

You're just chicken.... bok bok bok.... werd struts around like a chickn ...bok bok bok

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #103 on: 7 Jun 2011, 12:15 pm »
 :lol:

werd

« Reply #104 on: 7 Jun 2011, 05:18 pm »
come on Bob, get an xbox. Get one for GOW3. Me you and George will campaign legendary.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #105 on: 7 Jun 2011, 09:29 pm »
Maybe I didn't make myself clear........I'll say it differently this time........<ahem>......... "Not a friggen chance".  :wink:

werd

« Reply #106 on: 8 Jun 2011, 04:12 pm »
About to prestige, at level 50. George if you want to level faster use hardline. It gives you a 3 kill streak reward with 2. That reward is like 150 exp. It bumps up your exp pretty fast.

I am think i am just going to stick with the hardline pro - sleight of hand/steady aim pro and tactical mask pro's for the next prestige. Try using those 3. Tactical mask pro is probably the most under appreciated pro i think. You don't suffer from the gas or concussion. It smooths out the play and its funner i think. I hate getting flashbanged and stuff. Its annoying and its bumped up my kills so its gotta be good.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #107 on: 8 Jun 2011, 04:43 pm »
About to prestige, at level 50. George if you want to level faster use hardline. It gives you a 3 kill streak reward with 2. That reward is like 150 exp. It bumps up your exp pretty fast.

I am think i am just going to stick with the hardline pro - sleight of hand/steady aim pro and tactical mask pro's for the next prestige. Try using those 3. Tactical mask pro is probably the most under appreciated pro i think. You don't suffer from the gas or concussion. It smooths out the play and its funner i think. I hate getting flashbanged and stuff. Its annoying and its bumped up my kills so its gotta be good.

Thanks for the advice.

I'll look into using Hardline more.

I am only at level 41 or 42, so I have a few more before I have the option to prestige. 

George

werd

« Reply #108 on: 8 Jun 2011, 04:48 pm »
Thanks for the advice.

I'll look into using Hardline more.

I am only at level 41 or 42, so I have a few more before I have the option to prestige. 

George

The hardline pro lets you switch a care package too. If you don't like the care package it lets draw for another random reward. You can get big exp from a care package. Not just yours but anybody's. Thats a nother reason why people leave their amo and spy plane boxes. So a pro can change the reward. You can change it and not pick it up too.

werd

« Reply #109 on: 11 Jun 2011, 12:35 am »
woot!! nuketown 24/7 double exp all weekend. Should be able to pull out a couple prestiges here.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #110 on: 11 Jun 2011, 04:20 am »
woot!! nuketown 24/7 double exp all weekend. Should be able to pull out a couple prestiges here.

Werd,

It doesn't appear as if I am getting double exp...do I have to do anything?

Also, how do I get to play Nuketown?  Right now, I can only select NUkeTown in the nornal way?

George

werd

« Reply #111 on: 11 Jun 2011, 04:23 am »
Werd,

It doesn't appear as if I am getting double exp...do I have to do anything?

Also, how do I get to play Nuketown?  Right now, I can only select NUkeTown in the nornal way?

George

Dude its in the lobby, when you pick hardcore or free for all or anything - that lobby. Look at the very bottom. Its says Nuketown 24/7........ yah   :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #112 on: 11 Jun 2011, 04:27 am »
Dude its in the lobby, when you pick hardcore or free for all or anything - that lobby. Look at the very bottom. Its says Nuketown 24/7........ yah   :thumb:

Thanks.

Somehow I missed that.

Will check it out in the AM.

Are you getting double XP's? 

I know I am not as I just completed a challenge that was worth 7500xp and that was all it gave me - not 15,000xp.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #113 on: 12 Jun 2011, 02:46 am »
Just did my first Prestige.   :green:

I am happy to have made it this far (thanks Werd for all your help and advice).  It really sucks going from having all the weapons and a good number of the Pro Perks back to the starting line.  While I am better today and know a lot more, it will take some time before I am back to having a cool weapons arsenal at my disposal.

George

werd

« Reply #114 on: 12 Jun 2011, 04:02 pm »
Just did my first Prestige.   :green:

I am happy to have made it this far (thanks Werd for all your help and advice).  It really sucks going from having all the weapons and a good number of the Pro Perks back to the starting line.  While I am better today and know a lot more, it will take some time before I am back to having a cool weapons arsenal at my disposal.

George

Np,  :thumb: ..... I am about to prestige too. Get as much done today with the db exp. Get your warlord pro multiple nade done in Nuketown while its really easy. Use scav and warlord and run around throw grenades. You will probably do it one match....hehe.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #115 on: 15 Jun 2011, 02:09 am »
Np,  :thumb: ..... I am about to prestige too. Get as much done today with the db exp. Get your warlord pro multiple nade done in Nuketown while its really easy. Use scav and warlord and run around throw grenades. You will probably do it one match....hehe.

I was able to get Pro Perks for Warlord, Ninja, and Sleight of Hand.  I am close to getting Ghost and Hardline.  I played so much Nuketown over the weekend that I think I could draw a map just from memory.  It was really interesting seeing all the little spots people used to hide in and shoot from.  The double XP aspect was also great as it allowed me to get up to level 38.  That got me back most of the weapons I had previously (although I miss the Commando assault rifle).

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #116 on: 15 Jun 2011, 02:22 am »
(although I miss the Commando assault rifle).
Me too. I just got mine back a few nights ago. That weapon is one of the main reasons I won't pretige anymore. It takes too long to get it back.

There's a little spot in the garden of Nuketown that overlooks the back yard. If you're playing CTF, it's great to snipe the enemy coming for your flag.
Plus, it's nice to lay in the flowers.  :lol:

Bob

werd

« Reply #117 on: 15 Jun 2011, 04:36 am »
Me too. I just got mine back a few nights ago. That weapon is one of the main reasons I won't pretige anymore. It takes too long to get it back.

There's a little spot in the garden of Nuketown that overlooks the back yard. If you're playing CTF, it's great to snipe the enemy coming for your flag.
Plus, it's nice to lay in the flowers.  :lol:

Bob

The AUG with the ext mag is way better imo.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #118 on: 15 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm »

Why do you prefer the AUG?

I thought that the Commando did more damage and had less recoil?

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #119 on: 15 Jun 2011, 04:10 pm »
The AUG and the COMM are my two favorites.
Both are long(ish) range, low recoil and have a decent fire rate.
Their accessories just sweeten the deal.

Bob