Re: Piss your pants scary!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2011, 06:41 pm »
WoW

doug s.

• makin' music

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2011, 07:01 pm »
Man people are suicidally crazy. All it takes is for one person to change lanes....

MaxCast

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2011, 07:37 pm »
 :o  that scared my just watching it.
but, I have to ask.  Why was that person video taping driving down the highway?  What?
And I didn't hear a WTF, or holy $h!t!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott F.

« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2011, 12:20 am »
Been there, had that happen before...

Just dropped the kids off at grandma's for the day and headed to the office (this happened back in the mid-80's). It's the typical morning rush hour traffic, bumper to bumper going about 45 down one of the expressways here in St Louis. There's light rain and I'm driving my 76 Toyota Corolla SR5 hatchback. As I come around a slight turn I see the car in front of me flip what looks like a piece of cardboard into the air. I swerve to the left a little so it doesn't land on my windshield and block my view and next thing I know scrape, scrape WHAM!!! I've got a full sized muffler sticking through the passenger side of the windshield.

This damned thing almost totaled my car. It bashed the crap out of grille, gouged the crap out of my hood as it rolled towards the cabin and then took out the windshield and part of the passenger pillar.

Talk about a shitty way to start my day. Thank goodness I swerved.

Pez

« Reply #6 on: 6 Apr 2011, 12:47 am »
Wow, that is unreal. Glad the only damage was to your car!

MaxCast

« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2011, 09:41 am »
Wow Scott that's carzy.   Glad you swerved and it was after the drop off.  Did you happen to say anything while you were stopping your car?

JoshK

« Reply #8 on: 6 Apr 2011, 03:12 pm »
Dude, that is freaky.  I was thinking the same thing about why were they vid'g it, but then I read the report. 

That motorcyclist is freakin insane! 

nathanm

« Reply #9 on: 6 Apr 2011, 03:19 pm »
Yikes!  And I was mad when I got a rock off a truck that cracked my windshield.  It was 1 inch away from harmlessly hitting the metal too.  Argh!

I don't think the wood stick video is fake or anything, but I agree with Maxcast that it's really weird that there's NO audible reaction whatsoever from the camera operator.  In addition to a lot of HOLY SHITs I might even get in a YESSS! I'M STILL ALIVE!!! after staring down the reaper and winning!

On the whole, the motorcycle run is even more frightening.  That guy is riding the razor's edge.  One hair away from either a Darwin Award or Rider Of The Year Award.

Pez

« Reply #10 on: 6 Apr 2011, 03:44 pm »
I think the driver is too busy trying to change his pants to have any reaction.

Now the motorcyclist as far as I'm concerned he deserves to die. Just hope he doesn't hurt or kill anyone when it happens.

Scott F.

« Reply #11 on: 6 Apr 2011, 05:43 pm »
Did you happen to say anything while you were stopping your car?

Oh, there were a few choice words that leaped out of my pie hole when it happened  :lol:

That bike rider....good grief  :o  Absolute death wish.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #12 on: 6 Apr 2011, 08:15 pm »
Yikes!  And I was mad when I got a rock off a truck that cracked my windshield.  It was 1 inch away from harmlessly hitting the metal too.  Argh!

I don't think the wood stick video is fake or anything, but I agree with Maxcast that it's really weird that there's NO audible reaction whatsoever from the camera operator.  In addition to a lot of HOLY SHITs I might even get in a YESSS! I'M STILL ALIVE!!! after staring down the reaper and winning!

On the whole, the motorcycle run is even more frightening.  That guy is riding the razor's edge.  One hair away from either a Darwin Award or Rider Of The Year Award.

Would it be a stretch to say the poor woman was in shock and that's the reason she was speechless?  :o  What really bothers me are the idiots who comment that it was the woman's fault for holding a phone/camera while driving. As fast as that happened, it wouldn't have made any difference how careful or attentive that poor lady had been. She wasn't tailgating, the truck infront of her kicked up that board, glanced off the trackertrailer and sent it sailing into that windshield. It was sheer luck that she not only survived but got it documented.

What really needs to be addressed are those 2 truckers who were purposely blocking the highway by driving side by side. Their employers should really be dealing with them along with the local law enforcement.  :evil:

Cheers,
Robin

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #13 on: 11 Apr 2011, 02:09 am »
About 4 years ago wifey caught a piece of drive shaft from a garbage truck on the freeway.  Somehow it only tore through part of the grill.

To give her credit, she knew the garbage company and the next day they admitted to losing the shaft (saved the insurance company searching all the garbage services and taking them to court to get their maintenance records opened up).

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #14 on: 11 Apr 2011, 02:29 am »
That motorcycle ride is nuts. But I kept thinking, "damn, there's a lot of traffic in Russia!"

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #15 on: 11 Apr 2011, 03:26 am »
the most spectacular ride ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeTjXRbBHeA
The guy in the Firebird survived.How? is another story.

Emil

« Reply #16 on: 14 Apr 2011, 06:43 pm »
Re:  the motorcyclist

I believe the police refer to them as "organ donors" :lol: