Confused newb here

kazsud

Confused newb here
« on: 4 Apr 2011, 11:06 pm »
So i just won on eBay the S-1 blk/red speakers that i have been lusting over since they came out. After looking at pictures of the speakers i notice the S-1 and the Icon 1 have RJ45 inputs but the Icon 1 comes w/ RJ45 to banana cord and the 2m upgrade cord is the same. Why isn't there a RJ45 to RJ45 cord or do they not work this way?

srb

Re: Confused newb here
« Reply #1 on: 4 Apr 2011, 11:50 pm »
The S-1 speakers are designed to connect to the Icon with standard Cat5 cables (w/ RJ-45 connectors), which also engages a midrange compensation circuit needed for the S-1s.

The RJ-45 to banana cables are for use with other speakers that have standard 5-way binding posts or banana jacks.

Steve

kazsud

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2011, 09:28 pm »
My icon came today with only banana to rj45 :( i am so freakin pissed

The S-1 speakers are designed to connect to the Icon with standard Cat5 cables (w/ RJ-45 connectors), which also engages a midrange compensation circuit needed for the S-1s.

The RJ-45 to banana cables are for use with other speakers that have standard 5-way binding posts or banana jacks.

Steve

jimmy.kl

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2011, 04:12 am »
No worries just buy any Cat5 network cable - they're as cheap as chips and this way you can pick the length to suit your setup  :)

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2011, 08:40 pm »
My icon came today with only banana to rj45 :( i am so freakin pissed

Check this link, it shows the pinout diagram for the RJ45 cables needed.  According to the page, "standard ethernet" cables should work.  In any case, the wiring diagram is also shown.

http://www.nuforce.com/hp/products/icon/index.php