Super-Vs at upcoming audio fests or local demo near San Francisco?

bahorn1

Hi Danny,

Are you planning to have the Super-Vs at any upcoming audio fests?  I think I saw that you are planning to be at the Lone Star Audio Fest.  I'd love to hear them but was hoping for a demo closer to San Francisco.

Everyone else:  Is there anyone somewhat close to San Francisco willing to give a demo?

Thanks,
Doug

Cheeseboy

We'll let you drive the Alias. It features Cardas wiring throughout.  We'll trade a demo for a demo.

Danny Richie

I'd trade you a pair of speakers for that car.   :wink:  Super-V's even.  :green:

Cheeseboy

Ok but you have to take the driver too.   I hope you don't mind going fast.

Danny Richie

I have to take the driver too? You don't eat too much do you?

Going fast? I been involved in drag racing since I was old enough to drive. I like going fast.  :green:

bahorn1

All electric?  Looks interesting.  I had not heard of the Alias until now.

Cheeseboy

Yeah big appitite.  Since the beginning of March I've been hittin the water areobics rehabilitating my knee.  It's all downhill now.  I'm down 10 lbs and dropping fast. 

I think there is room for the Super V's in the back seat!  We'd have to leave Al at home.

Cheeseboy

All electric?  Looks interesting.  I had not heard of the Alias until now.

Hey Bahorn, Don't you think Danny would be a hit this year at the SF Audio show?  They would welcome some new ideas and new thought speaker builds!   

bahorn1

Hey Bahorn, Don't you think Danny would be a hit this year at the SF Audio show?  They would welcome some new ideas and new thought speaker builds!

The California Audio Show in July?  Yes, it would be great if Danny could come out.

Cheeseboy

Yup!  That's the one.  I went last year and enjoyed it.  There were alot of people there. 

GR Research would kick ass. 

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Cheeseboy,

I'd love to have a demo in that car. :)

We'll be there this year.

Cheeseboy

Hugh,

It would be great to meet you.  Happy to give you a tour of the facility if you wonder up to wine country.

Steve

Uncle Elvis

I too would love to see and hear GR Research at the California Audio Show in July.
Danny, Come on out and enjoy the fresh, cool air of the SF Bay Area.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Steve,

Thanks.

I'll try to make it there on one of the days after the end of business day.

I'll send you my room number once Constantine emails it to me.

Since we'll have only a small room and LS9s are too big, I don't think I can sneak them into the room. :D
Hugh,

It would be great to meet you.  Happy to give you a tour of the facility if you wonder up to wine country.

Steve

Cheeseboy

What will you showcase in your room?  Anything new?  There is no "sneaking' anything about the LS9's.  You might lose some ceiling tiles or a window with that kind of SPL in a small room.

Looking forward to seeing you there.  Did you ever sell off your LS6's?  What are you listening to now?

Steve

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Steve,

We'll be showing our Trinity speakers along with Melody Pre & Mono.

I am still listening to the LS6 but I'm building my personal pair of curved LS9. :)

Me too, I'm looking forward to finally meeting you in about 2 months.
What will you showcase in your room?  Anything new?  There is no "sneaking' anything about the LS9's.  You might lose some ceiling tiles or a window with that kind of SPL in a small room.

Looking forward to seeing you there.  Did you ever sell off your LS6's?  What are you listening to now?

Steve

wired4sound

Came across GR Research just a few weeks ago in search of a speaker upgrade and after reading the forum and checking out Danny's website, I am intrigued by an OB system (never heard one before). I have auditioned a Magnepan 1.7 and 3.6 and I must say, I like them. However, I would like to audition a Super V (or V2, or V1) and hear the sound. It would be super if GR Research can come in the audio fest 8). I live in the Bay Area.

Danny Richie

Where can I find info on the audio show in San Francisco?

bahorn1

Where can I find info on the audio show in San Francisco?

Hey Danny,

Here's the link:  http://www.caaudioshow.com/.

It would be great if you could make it, although I've been assuming it is a longshot.  I've actually considered flying in for the Lone Star Audio Fest.  I'm originally from Texas (Houston) and miss friends and food there.  But it is probably a longshot for me to attend LSAF.

--Doug

sandbagger

I hope to make it out for the show since I will be working the room with Hugh

You guys need any design engineers?  heavy on the design side(catiaV5)

Hugh,

Steve