Raising some money for Gary Dodd...

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Raising some money for Gary Dodd...
« Reply #100 on: 6 Apr 2011, 09:04 pm »
Just a thought but could his son cosign the agreement with the rental agency or possibly rent the apartment with Gary paying?   Maybe this would get him the interim place.

Danny Richie

« Reply #101 on: 6 Apr 2011, 11:39 pm »
His 21 year old son doesn't exactly have a lot of credit either.

cleestedwood

« Reply #102 on: 7 Apr 2011, 12:12 am »
Maybe we can form some sort of co signer consortium or a one year guaranteed rental payment loan to help. Someone out there must know the proper legal way to put this together. Best to Gary

jn316

« Reply #103 on: 7 Apr 2011, 12:31 am »
Can he pay the rent up front with the funds we have going his way...shouldn't need a good credit score then. 12 months might be hard to swing, but maybe he could do 6 up front.  :scratch:

Danny Richie

« Reply #104 on: 7 Apr 2011, 01:11 am »
Can he pay the rent up front with the funds we have going his way...shouldn't need a good credit score then. 12 months might be hard to swing, but maybe he could do 6 up front.  :scratch:

Average rent in that area for a small house is $800 to $1,200 a month.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #105 on: 7 Apr 2011, 01:33 am »
outstanding bills to Parkland Hospital for thousands of dollars worth of bills
  Is there any recourse via his former landlord's insurance company?  I'm not a "sue 'em" fan, but after all, Gary seems to be the innocent victim of a condition of his rental house that he was not aware of.
Danny, I'm sending you a check to help a bit with Gary's moving expenses.  I had another idea that I PM'd you about also.

Danny Richie

« Reply #106 on: 7 Apr 2011, 01:42 am »
Is there any recourse via his former landlord's insurance company?  I'm not a "sue 'em" fan, but after all, Gary seems to be the innocent victim of a condition of his rental house that he was not aware of.

The owner of the house had no insurance on it. Gary had renters insurance but it only covers his contents.

Danny, I'm sending you a check to help a bit with Gary's moving expenses.  I had another idea that I PM'd you about also.

Very good of you my friend.

jn316

« Reply #107 on: 7 Apr 2011, 03:41 am »
Average rent in that area for a small house is $800 to $1,200 a month.

Yeah, I know...not cheap. Just thought that if we could put another check or two like the first in Gary's hands, then it would be possible.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #108 on: 7 Apr 2011, 06:44 am »
Not sure if you've been able to look in on this thread Gary, but my family and I were recently in a very dicey financial situation ourselves. Fortunately, we have family who was able to help see us through and provide us with the means to maintain ownership of our house. I am blessed to say that things have gradually gotten better for us over the past year. You have a HUGE extended family here within the audio community and even though you and I have never met, I would like to offer my hand as part of that family. :beer:

Hello AC and Guests,

Up for grabs are (5) pairs (2) pairs of X-LS Encore enclosures as flat packs. 3 down, 2 to go! Please spread the word. If the remaining flat packs get spoken for within the next 2 weeks, I'll gladly donate another (5) pair. A drop in the bucket I'm sure, but every little bit helps.

Front and rear baffles are 1 1/8" MDF and the top, bottom and sides are 3/4" MDF. (Premium Super-Refined MDF)

Starting donation on each pair is $25.00. You can donate as much as you'd like on top of that though. :wink:

100% of the proceeds will go to Gary. Just send your PayPal payment to Danny @ info@gr-research.com. For a FedEx Ground shipping quote, please send me your zip code via PM, or email. If you would prefer to look up shipping rates yourself, the package weight is 32lbs and the dimensions are 9" x 16" x 11. Shipping from 80233.

If you'd like to swap the Encore baffles for the Classics, just let me know.

The X-LS Encore kit is $149.00 and the X-LS Classic kit is $109.00. (KILLER deals, btw) You'll need to call Danny @ 940-592-3400 to order the kits.

This is a link to a small speaker shootout that included the X-LS Encore with XO build and No Rez upgrades. http://www.stereomojo.com/Small%20Speaker%20Shootout%202007/SmallSpeakerShootout2007Part1.htm Although these speakers are great out-of-the-box, it's nice knowing that you take them up a notch if you ever wanted to. :thumb:

Another added benefit to your donation is that in purchasing the kits you are helping Santiago as well.

Thanks,

Ruben

« Last Edit: 11 Apr 2011, 11:47 pm by Outofthewoods »

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
« Reply #109 on: 8 Apr 2011, 03:35 pm »
Guys I was brought to tears form all the donations I have received!
I never really thought about how many friends I have! What a nice thing to have so many! I do have thousands of dollars in medical expenses and as you all know by now the cause of all of this is the house I have lived in for the last 21 years! Mold is the culprit and now I am looking for a new place to live. It has been kinda slow as you need good credit to get a place. I have 3 more surgeries coming up and I'll have to deal with those as well. When I received the donation check from Danny it was a HUGE stress reliever for me. I want you all to know that it is greatly appreciated! I have to go now as I have an appointment in about 1 hour.Thanks so much for the support!!!
Gary

Danny Richie

« Reply #110 on: 8 Apr 2011, 04:18 pm »
Gary will have another pleasant surprise now. This is the total of what you guys generously gave to Gary this week.

This one goes in the mail today.

brother love

« Reply #111 on: 11 Apr 2011, 04:00 pm »
Great to hear from Gary in the (2) threads as well as Danny's updates.  Encouraging news from such a bleak, hugely stressful  situation.

Wow. $7,123 total donations & major assistance in finding a new rental house.

I am so impressed with the generosity & kindness of fellow Audio Circle members & Polk Audio forum members.  As stated earlier by dvenardos, I'm proud to be a small part of such a great community effort.

Very uplifting. Great job everyone!  Gary, get as healthy as reasonably possible for your upcoming surgeries.   :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #112 on: 11 Apr 2011, 04:05 pm »
As stated earlier by dvenardos, I'm proud to be a small part of such a great community effort.

Me too!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #113 on: 11 Apr 2011, 04:22 pm »
Great to hear from Gary in the (2) threads as well as Danny's updates.  Encouraging news from such a bleak, hugely stressful  situation.

Wow. $7,123 total donations & major assistance in finding a new rental house.

I am so impressed with the generosity & kindness of fellow Audio Circle members & Polk Audio forum members.  As stated earlier by dvenardos, I'm proud to be a small part of such a great community effort.

Very uplifting. Great job everyone!  Gary, get as healthy as reasonably possible for your upcoming surgeries.   :thumb:
And add in the bits and pieces that were sent directly to Gary at the start of this thread, before Danny set up the paypal -by Rich, myself, and who knows who else...  All together, is has been enough to get him by until he can really get up to full speed again.  However, I can't even imaging the bills from the amount of time he has spent in hospital emergency and intensive care!  :o

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #114 on: 11 Apr 2011, 11:09 pm »
I am very happy to just be a small part of all this for Gary!   :thumb:

I hope to continue helping through the next phase of Gary's move, surgery and recovery!   :D

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #115 on: 11 Apr 2011, 11:58 pm »
Awesome!!! :thumb: :thumb:

bluemike

« Reply #116 on: 12 Apr 2011, 01:08 am »
That's great news
Get well soon Gary

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #117 on: 18 Apr 2011, 06:06 pm »
Here's an idea for raising some more money:  I have some HH Scott integrated tube amps I've bought off eBay the past 3 years.  They are of the 222C vintage.  I actually still have my LK-48B (same design, but in kit form) that I built when I was about 16.  These amps were ~24WPC and were WAY over engineered.  Some folks say they were the best ever designs.  Anyway, several people have re-capped these amps and enjoy them nowadays.  If there is interest, I could sell one of these amps here and the buyer could send the payment to Danny as a donation to Gary.

Danny Richie

« Reply #118 on: 21 Apr 2011, 02:07 pm »
Gary posted a personal thank on his site to those of you that helped him out in his time of need. It includes a first name and last initial only.

There are no on site links to this so you have to get there from here: http://doddaudio.com/thankyou.aspx

There is also another small group of people that sent funds in to me after I wrote Gary that last check. He has not received those funds yet. I will be sending him another check from all of you tomorrow. So he will have more names to add to his thank you list.

Thank you, all of you!

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #119 on: 21 Apr 2011, 03:26 pm »

Hi Danny:

I am wondering if my donation got through to Gary as I don't see my name on the list. Not that it's important. Just checking to make sure it got there is all.

I sent it to audioads@tx.rr.com who was gathering funds for Gary. Perhaps it was all grouped together so the names were lost.

Rocket_Ronny