Synergy

bastlnut

• just make my jaw drop!!!!!
Re: Synergy
« Reply #40 on: 28 Mar 2011, 08:42 pm »
hallo,

sure, this is why i posted what i did. i have a great deal of experience and enjoy sharing.
my system would even make many new high end customers turn ted from envy.
it did take me time to find all the pieces.
they do work well together, i must say.
i listen with a Unison Reseaerch Simply 845 integrated amp and Tannoy GRF 15" speakers.
turntable is a Le Tallec Stasis turntable with 3 tonearms....3 cartridges including a permanent Mono cartridge for listening to my many mono jazz records.
CD is a Sphinx Project Nine customized by Siltech.
Phono stage is a Unison Research Simply Phono and an EAR 834P DeLuxe Chrom that i have modified.
i am waiting for my UR Phono One that i ordered a few months ago.
i like to roll valves/tubes till i find the best combo for each component.
step ups are McKinnie and Entre with 3 inputs, and my Elac with 12 different load settings and 3 gain settings.
i also use Van den Hul the First carbon fibre only interconnects for almost every component except for the tonearm,
i use mostly VdH Silver cable to make my tonearm cables but from Phono stage to amp is all VdH the First.....even from step up to phono stage is the First and i have no hum from the unshielded cables.

i am not a money is no factor guy, but i will spend on what i want and will not faint at spending an extra thousand.
do i have synergy in my system.....yes i do.
i tried a Rossner and Son Conofer phono stage and it did not do well in my system as did the EAR 868 and Audio Note Oto combination.
the Unison Simply 845 is a hard act to follow as are the Tannoy.
basically i am not looking for better components for my system anymore.....except for other tonerms and cartridges maybe.
a Platin Verdier would also be welcome but may not end up staying, as my drive unit is so a hit.
i would make room for a Micro Seiki RX 5000 in addition to everything.
it is just one of those things to lust for.
maybe a new Simon Yorke or an Air Tight 211 amp......
then the synergy search starts all over again and the system ends up changing radically.
man, it is all so much fun!!!!

regards,
bas