The Musicians of Audiocircle CD--lets make one, anybody got stuff to put on it??

eclein

• Facilitator
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Lou--good stuff. The MP3 thing came about because the files are small and can be emailed-not an issue now, solved. Also I was thinking MP3 to protect folks..I do not know copyright law but if someone tried to use an MP3 file in a project that it was not meant for the engineers would kibosch it for quality reasons.
 So:
 1) We need tunes--if anybody has any PM me and I'lll give you my info to mail me a disk.
 2) wav fomat it is--all in favor say aye!  Aye, opposed say naye!  naye  The ayes have it-wav it is... :rules:
 3) 1 + 2 first we'll figure the rest out if we have the material.

santacore

My buddy just finished an album and is willing to share a few tracks. His stuff is already mastered, and ready to go. So that leads to the question of how we are going to handle mastered tracks, versus rough home demos/mixes.

By the way-there is a member on Head-Fi that does mastering for very reasonable prices. If anybody wants to take that step, I highly recommend giving him a shot. He'll even shoot you a free sample, so you can be sure the work is to the level you desire.

eclein

• Facilitator
santacore--We will proceed in the following manner---you send it in as a finished track, whether its been mastered, mix whatever if its a members stuff and they send it in it needs to be a 2 track stereo mix...we aren't going to master the stuff, mix the stuff, you send it when you consider it done and in a stereo mix saved as a wav file. Bingo...but first we need contributors...then we'll post some guidlines for all to follow. I also think we need to just consider folks that are members here (tell your friend to sign up and then we'll take his stuff)...this is for fun, not profit, its got to be simplistic and accessible to any member whatever the level of expertise they have. If we make it too complicated or even to sound that way we start scaring people off.

I'll start on a list of requirements sometime soon after we get more people...lets keep this simple first time around...

eclein

• Facilitator
All you musicians out there polishing up your tracks just PM me and I'll tell you where to send them. :banana piano: :guitar: :drums: :violin:

eclein

• Facilitator
OK- Wayner sent me a PM today telling me "The Disc is in the mail" so he's first in with two tunes he sent, who's next?? I know with all the creativity we have gathered here their must be more folks out there...

....and to the other folks who so kindly offered to get involved we look forward to receiving your submissions, just PM me and I'll give you my address.
  :dance:

eclein

• Facilitator
Ok folks, I got a package in the mail today from Wayner and if these two tracks are any indication of the talent lurking here on AC we are in for quite a bit of fun. The doctors told me the other day I probably wouldn't be able to play again, screw them I'm trying to play until the curtain drops baby!!! I'd love to track some sounds and drums to Wayner tunes...man oh man, the second one has the drum Gods yelling in my ear "..and play this here, and that over there.."
 Wayne gets it...what is it you say? He's listened to music for however long and has recognized using layers or different sound to express the feeling he's trying to communicate...progressive rock with a nice emphasis on progressive...you'll hear them...

We need more folks...we got a great start here, lets not let this idea fade away..... :thumb:

eclein

• Facilitator
We need TUNES!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: