LS9 Built

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
LS9 Built
« on: 7 Mar 2011, 08:01 pm »
Due to events beyond our control, we've had to take on the built of these wonderful speakers for our customers.

I guess most people woulod know by now what happened to a certain company who was supposed to deliver the excellent LS6s & LS9s designed by Danny.

Anyway, to make a long story short plus writing is not one of my strong points, I'd like to take this opportunity to say thanks to some of the people who have helped us along the way to make this project as successful as it can be under the most stressful conditions.

First off, thanks to Danny for designing such potent speakers as well as allowing us to fulfill our commitments to our customers who had to wait for a very long time for these.

Next, I'd like to express my appreciation to Michael F. of WA who put his blind trust in me :) when I told him his LS9 would be delivered as soon as I received them from that company.
So Michael, once again, thank YOU very much for your patience and trust.

Next comes Chris C. of OR who helped me out when I was under the water with the project and for his beautiful friendship.

We can't count Sean R. (The Ninja) out of this since without Sean, the project would not be done at all so thank YOU Sean for a great work you did.

Last but not least, I'd like to say thanks to Mr. Pu of SAC, the original builder of LSs, for producing such beautiful cabinets.

So, here are the pictures of the 1st two pairs (PR & PB) of LS9s we recently delivered to Michael F. & Chris C.

Enjoy guys,

wndrmke

Re: LS9 Built
« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2011, 08:30 pm »
Hugh,

Congratulations!

You are a class act my friend.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2011, 08:33 pm »
Very nice Hugh. The speakers look great.

Michael F. - I hope your wait was worth it. I am confident it will be! Do keep us posted on your thoughts. I am glad to see Hugh pulled through for you as he has gone above and beyond what others may have done in the situation.

I second the motion - You are a Class Act :wink:
« Last Edit: 7 Mar 2011, 10:19 pm by Bill Baker »

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 7 Mar 2011, 10:10 pm »
Hugh,
The PR and PB LS-9's look great!  :thumb:

I have talked to CC and he has the PB LS-9's!  I know he is excited! 

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2011, 02:19 am »
Looking good!  Mr. Pu did a great job with the cabinets, and of course Sean's work building crossovers is impeccable.  It's great to see those who were left in a lurch taken care of.

I have to say, I was reminded when Kevin, Nhan, and I stayed with MP in January of just how good the LS speakers are.  They are among my personal favorites at any price.  It would have been a real shame to see them disappear from availability so prematurely.  Unfortunately I have no space suitable for such a speaker, so I can only hope somebody nearby gets a pair. :D

skeeter99

« Reply #5 on: 8 Mar 2011, 05:09 am »
Unfortunately I have no space suitable for such a speaker, so I can only hope somebody nearby gets a pair. :D

I thought the same thing and even though I had the money to get them I heeded everyone's "advice" and didn't get a pair. Then I heard the 6's at Beatcoaster's place which would be considered "too small" to let them do their thing and I was astonished at how amazing they worked! I mean, I was astonished. I've heard 6's before and they were amazing. They were no less amazing in a room supposedly "too small" for them. I now kick myself for not getting them. If you can afford them, I would HIGHLY suggest getting them, then simply tweaking with placement and the bass options of the crossover. While they may not be "optimal" in a smaller room, that doesn't make them any less ridiculously good.

I know people will disagree with me but I'm going off of what I've heard and not just once, but multiple times. Get them, you won't be sorry  :thumb:

Scott

« Reply #6 on: 8 Mar 2011, 05:22 am »
I am still in probationary status but when that changes I will post a picture.

Hugh, Thank you. I admit, it took a leap of faith to plunk down some decent $ 2 years ago when everyone thought a Colorado outfit was going to deliver these and just could not get their act together. You gave me your word, kept in touch with me the entire wait and when the others failed you picked up the reins and got the job done. Not only done, but done fantastically. These speakers are beautiful. The fit and finish is as good or better than any speaker I have seen.

But most importantly, these things Kick some serious rear end. I like everything but country and rap but rock is by far my favorite. And I have to admit, I like it loud. I know, shame on me. (What did you just say? :o)

My favorite music is Rush, but...quality of recording in makes the best sound out and as much as I love Rush, their albums are not always engineered or produced as good as their music deserves. So, in circumstances such as this, I break out my "extra special quality recordings" such as Crime of the Century or Dark Side of the Moon or in this case Wish you were Here.

Unbelievable. They are not even broken in and they were stellar. Smooth, full, clear and crisp. I would look like a fool if I spouted off fancy terms like depth of soundstage etc. But it sounded like I was in the studio as Waters and Gilmore (Mason and Wright) put the music down.

They soaked up all my 600watt SS amps could dish out and never missed a beat. Listening fatigue was non existent. Granted I run the LS6s on the 2ohm taps and the 9s on the 4ohm taps to smooth out the highs on lesser recordings, but still.....wow.

Bill, I sent you an e-mail, I still need to learn the ropes of your awesome external crossovers. I believe I have the bass turned down, but that works great as the Gothams really handle the low end great.

I can't say enough good things. Finish like artwork (better than furniture grade by far) sound that exceeds my wildest dreams. And I did not have to mortgage the house to have them.

Thanks Hugh, I really think you should produce these for others.

Thanks Bill

Danny, we don't know each other but obviously, you know what you are doing.

rseynaev

« Reply #7 on: 9 Mar 2011, 01:06 am »
Congrats on your LS9s!  They look awesome.

I can't wait for the LS Center to come out.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #8 on: 9 Mar 2011, 01:26 am »
Hey Hugh,

Are you planning to start selling the LS-C, too? :scratch:

Ruben

« Reply #9 on: 9 Mar 2011, 02:42 am »
Hugh, Can you post the picture I sent you?   :oops:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #10 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:00 am »
Thank You.
Hugh,

Congratulations!

You are a class act my friend.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #11 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:01 am »
Thanks Bill.

It takes one to know one. :)
Very nice Hugh. The speakers look great.

Michael F. - I hope your wait was worth it. I am confident it will be! Do keep us posted on your thoughts. I am glad to see Hugh pulled through for you as he has gone above and beyond what others may have done in the situation.

I second the motion - You are a Class Act :wink:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #12 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:02 am »
Thanks R.

I'm glad to be able to see MF & CC happy with their new toys. :)
Hugh,
The PR and PB LS-9's look great!  :thumb:

I have talked to CC and he has the PB LS-9's!  I know he is excited!

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #13 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:05 am »
As I mentioned elsewhere, at last CES; I compared the LS9s to Sonus Faber, Revel, Magicco, & Zu which all cost a lot more and I still prefer the 9s' SQ & Price point over those. :)
Looking good!  Mr. Pu did a great job with the cabinets, and of course Sean's work building crossovers is impeccable.  It's great to see those who were left in a lurch taken care of.

I have to say, I was reminded when Kevin, Nhan, and I stayed with MP in January of just how good the LS speakers are.  They are among my personal favorites at any price.  It would have been a real shame to see them disappear from availability so prematurely.  Unfortunately I have no space suitable for such a speaker, so I can only hope somebody nearby gets a pair. :D

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #14 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:06 am »
I can see a pair of LS6 in your near future once you get that promotion. ;) :)
I thought the same thing and even though I had the money to get them I heeded everyone's "advice" and didn't get a pair. Then I heard the 6's at Beatcoaster's place which would be considered "too small" to let them do their thing and I was astonished at how amazing they worked! I mean, I was astonished. I've heard 6's before and they were amazing. They were no less amazing in a room supposedly "too small" for them. I now kick myself for not getting them. If you can afford them, I would HIGHLY suggest getting them, then simply tweaking with placement and the bass options of the crossover. While they may not be "optimal" in a smaller room, that doesn't make them any less ridiculously good.

I know people will disagree with me but I'm going off of what I've heard and not just once, but multiple times. Get them, you won't be sorry  :thumb:

Scott

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #15 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:08 am »
MF,

Thanks again for your trust.

Your happiness in the 9s is more than anything I could have asked for.

I am still in probationary status but when that changes I will post a picture.

Hugh, Thank you. I admit, it took a leap of faith to plunk down some decent $ 2 years ago when everyone thought a Colorado outfit was going to deliver these and just could not get their act together. You gave me your word, kept in touch with me the entire wait and when the others failed you picked up the reins and got the job done. Not only done, but done fantastically. These speakers are beautiful. The fit and finish is as good or better than any speaker I have seen.

But most importantly, these things Kick some serious rear end. I like everything but country and rap but rock is by far my favorite. And I have to admit, I like it loud. I know, shame on me. (What did you just say? :o)

My favorite music is Rush, but...quality of recording in makes the best sound out and as much as I love Rush, their albums are not always engineered or produced as good as their music deserves. So, in circumstances such as this, I break out my "extra special quality recordings" such as Crime of the Century or Dark Side of the Moon or in this case Wish you were Here.

Unbelievable. They are not even broken in and they were stellar. Smooth, full, clear and crisp. I would look like a fool if I spouted off fancy terms like depth of soundstage etc. But it sounded like I was in the studio as Waters and Gilmore (Mason and Wright) put the music down.

They soaked up all my 600watt SS amps could dish out and never missed a beat. Listening fatigue was non existent. Granted I run the LS6s on the 2ohm taps and the 9s on the 4ohm taps to smooth out the highs on lesser recordings, but still.....wow.

Bill, I sent you an e-mail, I still need to learn the ropes of your awesome external crossovers. I believe I have the bass turned down, but that works great as the Gothams really handle the low end great.

I can't say enough good things. Finish like artwork (better than furniture grade by far) sound that exceeds my wildest dreams. And I did not have to mortgage the house to have them.

Thanks Hugh, I really think you should produce these for others.

Thanks Bill

Danny, we don't know each other but obviously, you know what you are doing.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #16 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:09 am »
Thanks Randy.

With MF in WA and CC in OR, I'm hoping to have a GTG near you sometime this year. :)
Congrats on your LS9s!  They look awesome.

I can't wait for the LS Center to come out.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #17 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:10 am »
Hey Ruben,

Drop me an email if you want to know.

Hey Hugh,

Are you planning to start selling the LS-C, too? :scratch:

Ruben

skeeter99

« Reply #18 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:20 am »
I can see a pair of LS6 in your near future once you get that promotion. ;) :)

Hopefully! And an MK88 to power them. Seriously, that MK88 is the catz meWOW! We barely had the dial over 9:00 on Mike's 6's and it was PLENTY loud with excellent bass control. It made the XPA-2 look like a little underpowered and meager puppet  :thumb:  Not bashing the XPA-2, the MK88 is just THAT much better! Single biggest improvement in SQ I've ever put into any of my systems.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #19 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:21 am »
Hey Ruben,

Drop me an email if you want to know.

Hey Hugh,

That's why I asked. :P

Hope you're okay with a PM because I just sent you one! :green:

Thanks,

Ruben