EVS Ground Enhancers and Headphones- It works extremely well like-"wow" well!!!!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
When I was recently in the hospital listening to the headphones JohnR sent me and thinking about ways to turn them into UBER Grado's I was watching cartoons and it suddenly came to me...I wonder what EVS Ground Enhancers would do to headphones. So when I got released and came home a few days later I got the Cocobolo Wood shells from Bill (Bilavideo) over at head-fi and I started installing all the cool stuff I could think of and they sounded great but last night I remembered about the EVS things. I had an extra pair so last night I temporarily installed them- one on each drivers negative terminal -and used good old fashion packing tape to secure them inside the shells and I gave them a listen..when you install them or change them around it takes like 10 minutes for the effect to take hold, same with the phones but when they were fully cooking man oh man did the ound get better. First you looose all perspective on the fact that you have headphones on as the music just sounds like it is all around your head and the background sound if there was any was gone, these little babies did the magic of whatever it is they do...so if your tinkering and you have an extra set try it you might like it. Here are pictures of my temporary install, everything is reversible, changeable as i like it to be so we can easily tweak them more...

gooberdude

too cool!!

I have only just begun to tinker with the EVS things, but they work.