New Lou Dorren Phono Stage - CD-4 demodulator & Strain Gauge

dlaloum

Hi Folks

I just thought I would get the word out here...

Those who are QuadoPhiles probably already know about this.

In an effort with the community at QuadraphonicQuad website, Lou Dorren (one of the principal engineers behind the original CD-4 quad system), has designed a new phono stage.

It is being manufactured as a non-profit effort, a one off for pre-orders only.

The package will include:

1) The phono stage:
     MM input with 0pf capacitance and 50k resistive load
     MC Input
     Strain Gauge input (Yes this will be a Strain Gauge pre... capable of power the panasonic/technics cartridges)
     CD-4 demodulator
2) Record cleaning kit
3) Grado Gold retipped with Shibata

The lot is estimated to cost (assuming all the people who have put their names down come through) - $505

This means (deducting the Grado Gold from the package) that the Phono stage will be only around $280.... truly a steal.

For those with an interest in Strain Gauge cartridges - there are not many opportunities to get a brand new pre for these....

For the rest of us - it is an opportunity to get your hands on a Grado Gold with a more sophisticated stylus shape as well.... (Grado have been reserving everything above eliptical for their wooden bodied higher margin cartridges....)
The cartridge is also a one of deal - available only to buyers of the demodulator / phono stage.

Although not into Quad - I do want to try out Strain Gauge cartridges.... and one of the reasons I did not get a Grado till now was the lack of any Line Contact or Shibata styli....
So one of these has my name on it....

bye for now
David

hi5harry

Will it also work with Silversmith Strain Gauge's?

dlaloum

I simply don't know!

But Lou Dorren personally answers technical questions on that Quad forum.... so I suggest asking him...

bye for now

David