Get well Gary!

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: Get well Gary!
« Reply #160 on: 11 Apr 2011, 03:33 am »
Hi Gary, good to see you're tat the keyboard!   You don't know me - we met very briefly at the SS amp shootout north of Dallas a couple years ago, but I'm impressed with your design skills and hope and pray for your complete recovery.

Danny Richie

« Reply #161 on: 11 Apr 2011, 03:55 am »
Update...

Gary has been feeling a little better, and he has been able to eat some solid foods.

Surgeries are set for the 5th. They are going to do everything at once so that he has to recover only once.

And, Gary found a house today.  :singing:  And if it wasn't for the good people here on AC and elsewhere (Polk forum especially), he wouldn't have had the money for the deposit and first months rent. And he was able to catch up on all of his overdue bills, paid Parkland his part of the bills, keep his lights on...

I can't tell you all just how much you guys lifted his spirits and took a huge weight off of him. I can easily hear it in his voice. I heard no signs of the depression in him that I had heard in the weeks before.

You guys are awesome! Your generosity as touched me as well. Lots of good people here.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #162 on: 11 Apr 2011, 04:08 am »
Awesome news! Thanks for the update Danny.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #163 on: 11 Apr 2011, 04:59 am »
+1 :D

TomS

« Reply #164 on: 11 Apr 2011, 04:03 pm »
Great news Danny and give him our best wishes again! Lots ahead still, but turning the corner just bit has to feel good too. Tom

rpf

« Reply #165 on: 11 Apr 2011, 04:08 pm »
Really, really good news. Thanks again for the updates Danny.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #166 on: 11 Apr 2011, 04:12 pm »

Danny,
Do you know when Gary is planning to move?  Perhaps a group of us could help out.  Gary is for sure not in condition to lift furniture around, and Max would be hard pressed to do it by himself.

Scott

dvenardos

« Reply #167 on: 11 Apr 2011, 04:12 pm »
Awesome, we will be thinking of him on that date.

Surgeries are set for the 5th. They are going to do everything at once so that he has to recover only once.

Danny Richie

« Reply #168 on: 11 Apr 2011, 04:50 pm »
Danny,
Do you know when Gary is planning to move?  Perhaps a group of us could help out.  Gary is for sure not in condition to lift furniture around, and Max would be hard pressed to do it by himself.

Scott

Yeah, he is going to need some help.

You might give him a call to check on him regarding that.

I pull out in the morning for Atlanta (Axpona show) and won't be back until next Tuesday.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #169 on: 11 Apr 2011, 10:04 pm »
Good news!  Get us up to date when you return (or maybe someone in the area can do that).  :D

Steve

« Reply #170 on: 10 May 2011, 07:54 pm »
I had a nice visit with Gary in the hospital. His spirits were good last night.

Gary asked me not to disclose all that he is facing. I can't trivialize it though. He is facing some life threatening concerns.

If his son brings his lap top up to him soon then he might drop in to touch base with you all. And I am sure he will really appreciate seeing all of the support from you guys.

Thanks,

Sorry to hear your illness Gary and wish a speedy recovery. Although I have never personally met you, I have heard many fine things about you. I am glad to see you found a new residence and been helped out financially. That is a relief. I hope the surgery goes very well and you are soon out and around, enjoying your family and life again, and back to work that you love.

Get well soon buddy, you are in my prayers.

Steve

mca

« Reply #171 on: 10 May 2011, 08:52 pm »
Any update on Gary? How is he doing and did he find a house?

Thanks!

Danny Richie

« Reply #172 on: 10 May 2011, 09:03 pm »
Gary has moved into a new house and is awaiting surgery on the 20th.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #173 on: 21 May 2011, 01:27 pm »
Sending prayers for Gary that his surgery goes well!

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #174 on: 21 May 2011, 02:01 pm »
I saw Gary at LSAF and even though he's not totally out of the woods yet, he looks much better than the last time I saw him at RMAF.

Danny Richie

« Reply #175 on: 21 May 2011, 02:41 pm »
They are going to monitor him and his blood for several days to get him ready for the surgery. They start the surgery on Wed. 

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #176 on: 21 May 2011, 03:26 pm »
Danny,
Thanks for the update on Gary!

cleestedwood

« Reply #177 on: 25 May 2011, 06:36 pm »
Best wishes to Gary and his family !

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #178 on: 25 May 2011, 07:56 pm »
Praying for Gary and his family that the surgery today goes well! 

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #179 on: 25 May 2011, 07:57 pm »
I saw Gary at LSAF and even though he's not totally out of the woods yet, he looks much better than the last time I saw him at RMAF.

Hugh,
That is good news!  :thumb: