Re: Get well Gary!
« Reply #120 on: 22 Mar 2011, 07:33 am »
Damn, I hope Gary can get some good care! What can we do for him?  :banghead:

Danny Richie

« Reply #121 on: 22 Mar 2011, 02:37 pm »
Damn, I hope Gary can get some good care! What can we do for him?  :banghead:

Say some prayers.

They moved him to his own room at 10:00 last night.

This morning Gary says that they think the opening at the end of his stomach is not 100% stopped up. They say they think it is down to about 4mm. The stomach pain has subsided and this morning he drank two apple juices, ate some jello, and drank some coffee.

They want him to hang in there a little while until the infection around the heart is better and they want him off the Plavix before removing the Gall Bladder.

He also found out from the scans made at Baylor that the blockage on the back side of his heart is a pretty good sized blockage (not small at all) just hard to get to. So Gary really doesn't feel like they are being completely honest with him.

I'll let you guys know more as I hear more.

Jerrin

« Reply #122 on: 22 Mar 2011, 03:39 pm »
Loving Father, entrust Gary to your care this day; guide with wisdom and skill the minds and hands of the medical people who minister in your Name, and grant that every cause of illness be removed, that he may be restored to soundness of health and learn to live in more perfect harmony with you and with those around him.  Through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Get well Gary!

Danny Richie

« Reply #123 on: 22 Mar 2011, 10:10 pm »
Welocme to AC, Jerrin.

Danny Richie

« Reply #124 on: 23 Mar 2011, 04:28 pm »
Gary may get sent back home for a while later today. It depends on how well he passes his food. He is practically going to be on a liquid diet for a while.

He is on Plavix for 3 more weeks to make sure blood doesn't build up on the stints that they put in last week. And they won't do surgery on him while he is taking it.

So he some how needs to make it through three more weeks of this. Then they can remove his gall bladder and remove the mass on his colon (that still could well be cancer). Then maybe they can do something about this last blockage area and the to and from veins in his leg that have fused (mixing good blood with return blood).

With the stomach pains and chest pains, this is going to be a really long and hard three weeks for him to make it through.

Nick77

« Reply #125 on: 23 Mar 2011, 04:33 pm »
Lord help! Get better Gary.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #126 on: 23 Mar 2011, 05:03 pm »
I talked to him this morning, and am glad to report that he was up and roaming the hallways.  His attitude is more positive and seems to think that the medical team at least has a plan of attack to address his multiple problems. 

kriton

• Lurkus Professionalis
« Reply #127 on: 23 Mar 2011, 11:04 pm »
Good luck Gary! Keep us apprised!

B

Danny Richie

« Reply #128 on: 28 Mar 2011, 04:49 pm »
Gary is now in a catch 22 position.

He needs surgery right now, but they won't do the surgery while he is on the Plavix and he has to stay on it to keep his blood flowing past the new stints. At least his blood is thin enough that he isn't having chest pains.

In his current situation his gall bladder is all but closed. So very little food or fluids from his stomach is passing anything through. So his stomach is really bloated and full. The left side of his body where his stomach is has swollen out while the rest of his body is shrinking from the lack of food.

He is loosing about a pound a day from no food intake. As of today he is down to 172 from his normal 205. He says his arms an legs look tiny now but he has a little swollen tummy like a little pig. If this keeps up there won't be a lot left of him.

He basically has to make it to about the 2nd week of April before they can do the necessary surgeries.

So he feels horrible. He can't eat much more than a little Jell'o each day. He is also drinking one Insure each day. He has no strength and can't work at all or do much of anything. His stomach hurts pretty badly most of the time and he can't take any pain medication because he can't orally take in anything and get it into his system.

He is also concerned about the bills, and getting rent paid. That is not easy when you can't work. So all of that is just additional worry and stress.

Oh, and his hard drive crashed on his computer and he can't even get on line. And he has no money to fix it either.

So he is mostly home alone, can't work, can't eat, and feels terrible. And as a close friend I hurt for him because I can't help him.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #129 on: 28 Mar 2011, 05:36 pm »
Since Gary's PC is down, he probably cannot get to PayPal.

Is one of his family or friends able to receive PayPal payments?  That might be a better method as they could write a check to him.  Just a thought.   

Sending out more prayers to Gary and his family as well for getting better!

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #130 on: 28 Mar 2011, 05:37 pm »
Good idea.  I'm sure we could also find somebody nearby with the requisite skills who could take care of his computer issues.  If I were within driving distance instead of in Ohio I'd offer to do it.

rpf

« Reply #131 on: 28 Mar 2011, 05:57 pm »
Since Gary's PC is down, he probably cannot get to PayPal.

Is one of his family or friends able to receive PayPal payments?  That might be a better method as they could write a check to him.  Just a thought.   

Sending out more prayers to Gary and his family as well for getting better!

Seconded.

bummrush

« Reply #132 on: 28 Mar 2011, 05:59 pm »
Yes very much pay pal account somebody set it up please

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #133 on: 28 Mar 2011, 06:12 pm »
Danny, you know that I love Gary as a brother.  If there is anything that I can do to help out please let me know.

We are all praying for him here in Albuquerque and some more people around the world.  His situation just breaks my heart.

Dave

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #134 on: 28 Mar 2011, 06:13 pm »
I only read the last 3 or 4 posts and even though I went through something different health wise, I went through and continue to go through the exact same thing stress wise. Here are some ideas which I'll add to after I make some phone calls to find out more..
 If some of these don't apply toss them aside, some of these may sound extreme but your in an extreme situation:
  1) The hospital you just got out of has a Social worker, call them and ask if they can help you if they say no, then ask what social services in the area are available to you--we all get to these points from time to time do not be ashamed to ask these people for help or direction-thats why they do what they do.

2) Make a list of all the people or things that are stressing you out...rent, bills etc..anything-if you have peoples phone numbers  like the landlord, whoever wants money now or upcoming and have someone who knows you well make some calls to explain whats going on, people will help, don't be afraid to ask for temporary measures. The best thing to do is talk to the folks.

3) Some pain meds cannot be crushed and put with food like jello some CAN...find out if yours can be crushed and take it with your jello, then jello equals pain relief and pain relief eqauls jello--your out of pain and maintain your weight better.

4) When I first got Cancer and couldn't eat my doctor asked me what I loved to eat then said eat that, eat it all the time if you can to keep your weight from decreasing more.

5) Is there anyone nearby that has a laptop they could spare for awhile so Gary can stay connected with us here and friends via email etc....anything that gets him onto the web for email etc...

6) Catholic Social Services- I don't think your religious affiliation is needed, they never asked me my religion when I was in a temporary housing situation and asked for help..they will help if they can.

7) Is there a local support group for Heart attack survivors--the front of the phone book, middles? somewhere there are pages of Social Services with phone numbers, you may find you need maybe one person who knows the system and whats available to really help you get where you need to go with all of this.

8) Above everything just know that you can do it, just an hour here and an hour there and before you know it they'll be able to take the next step--don't give up, a good cry always helps, then try and regroup and go on....

9) Don't over do things, all of the above can be done with a phone, a phone book and a pen and paper.

10) Gary--you have 100's of people here pulling for you and we won't stop trying to help no matter what....

I'm going to try and find out more info....hey guys where is Gary located, town and zip code would be helpful....
I hope I'm not out of line here posting this for you but all of the above is what got me through some of the most horrific times of my life and these folks will help. Stay strong!!!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

TrungT

« Reply #135 on: 28 Mar 2011, 06:20 pm »
On the top all that .....
The water heater went out over the weekend. (Fixed now)
Computer is taking care already, I going to help to set it up later on today.
Big thanks for everyone well wishes, thought and prays.
Will pass it to Gary.

ebag4

« Reply #136 on: 28 Mar 2011, 06:24 pm »
Danny,
Thanks for the update.

Trung,
Thanks for being there.  Please make certain Gary knows that there are a lot of prayers and positive energy being sent his way.  Please let us know if there is anything we can help with and if we can forward funds somewhere.

Best,
Ed

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #137 on: 28 Mar 2011, 07:27 pm »
On the top all that .....
The water heater went out over the weekend. (Fixed now)
Computer is taking care already, I going to help to set it up later on today.
Big thanks for everyone well wishes, thought and prays.
Will pass it to Gary.
Trung, we should all have friends like you.  I am blessed to call you one of mine.

Give Gary my best.

Dave

dvenardos

« Reply #138 on: 28 Mar 2011, 07:42 pm »
Glad the computer is taken care of. I think there are many of us that would be willing to help out in some way if we can.

saisunil

« Reply #139 on: 28 Mar 2011, 07:55 pm »
Thanks Danny and TrungT for update and thanks eclein for your suggestions ...

I have requested Gary's name to be put on a prayer list ...

Best wishes and good health to all ...