Get well Gary!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Get well Gary!
« Reply #100 on: 16 Mar 2011, 11:56 am »
More prayers going out for Gary and his family. 

ebag4

« Reply #101 on: 16 Mar 2011, 01:34 pm »
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Gary, get well soon.

Best,
Ed

Danny Richie

« Reply #102 on: 16 Mar 2011, 03:25 pm »
Gary was moved to a room late last night (early this morning). He is now there and sleeping.
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2011, 05:20 pm by Danny »

Danny Richie

« Reply #103 on: 16 Mar 2011, 05:19 pm »
Okay, here is some good news.

They don't think he had a heart attack this time. All his enzyme levels were normal. He is just having some really bad chest pains caused by two small areas of blockage. The reason they didn't fix the areas of blockage was that they were too small for them to fix. They simply don't have instruments that small.

So they gave Gary some longer lasting Nitro pills and will be discharging him shortly.

Take a heavy breath, and give some thanks.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #104 on: 16 Mar 2011, 05:26 pm »
Great to hear!!! Hang in Gary!!! Go slow for awhile, real slow.......best to you!!!! :thumb:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #105 on: 16 Mar 2011, 06:52 pm »
Thanks for the update- especially with good news. 

SlushPuppy

« Reply #106 on: 16 Mar 2011, 08:50 pm »
Thanks Danny

jdbrian

« Reply #107 on: 16 Mar 2011, 08:51 pm »
Okay, here is some good news.

They don't think he had a heart attack this time. All his enzyme levels were normal. He is just having some really bad chest pains caused by two small areas of blockage. The reason they didn't fix the areas of blockage was that they were too small for them to fix. They simply don't have instruments that small.

So they gave Gary some longer lasting Nitro pills and will be discharging him shortly.

Take a heavy breath, and give some thanks.

That is good news Danny. This must have been an extremely stressful week for Gary and his family/friends. I have thought of Gary a lot in the last week or so and have had him in my prayers.
My dad went through a heart episode last year with a similar outcome. Small capillaries blocked that caused him a lot of pain but not dangerous. It was very stressful for everyone involved. As long as he keeps his BP under control he is pain free. Let's hope Gary is now on the road to recovery as well.

Brian

Danny Richie

« Reply #108 on: 21 Mar 2011, 03:23 pm »
Update:

Gary was still having bad stomach pains and wasn't looking forward to going back to Parkland and waiting 5 or 6 hours in the waiting room to be admitted again. So I made some phone calls and got him to go over to Baylor Heart & Vascular Hospital and was admitted immediately through their emergency room.

They got to him right away and started running test on everything.

They found that Gary's gall bladder was wasted and will need to be removed. There is also some infection and it will need to be controlled before they can remove the gall bladder. So Gary may be in some strong discomfort for a while still.

The bummer is that they are moving him back over to Parkland. He is really bummed about that. Baylor is like the Hilton compared to Parkland.

So Gary still has it really rough.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #109 on: 21 Mar 2011, 03:37 pm »
That's no fun. A good friend actually had a gangrenous gall bladder, and it required a couple of weeks of hospitalization to take care of the surgery and infection. He then had about 6 weeks of home rehabilitation.

Hope this is the last big hurdle for Gary.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #110 on: 21 Mar 2011, 03:55 pm »
Amazing that Baylor could find the problem lickety split, and Parkland never did figure it out.... At least Gary has a good diagnosis now, hopefully the Parkland people can execute well on it now. 

jn316

« Reply #111 on: 21 Mar 2011, 05:33 pm »
Doesn't shock me a bit that there is so much ineptitude at one place and not the other. My wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and we've experienced some appalling care so far. Sad that you can receive better, more thorough, care at an auto shop for your car than at a cancer center/hospital for a human being.

Hang in there, Gary. You're in my prayers as well.

Gary

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #112 on: 22 Mar 2011, 12:32 am »
Gary,
Very sorry to hear about your wife.  Hope that you can find her a great facility to really attack the cancer.  Keeping her in my prayers as well!

More prayers going out to Gary that the doctors can attack all these issues and make progress!

Danny Richie

« Reply #113 on: 22 Mar 2011, 12:47 am »
I just spook to Gary again.

They took him in an ambulance from Baylor back over to Parkland. He has been there since 10:00 this morning and is still in a bed in the hall way. His IV bag has been stuck into the wall with a push pin.  :roll:

His stomach is completely blocked at the exit so he is not being given any food or water. His only water is from his IV bag. And the IV bag was really not up high enough to feed very well.

They still won't do any surgery until the infection is down on his heart, and that could take until the end of the month.

He is really frustrated.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #114 on: 22 Mar 2011, 01:05 am »
Danny,
Next time you talk to Gary, please tell him we are all out here pulling for him!   

Tell him if there is anything I can do, please let me know.   

persisting1

« Reply #115 on: 22 Mar 2011, 03:22 am »
His IV bag has been stuck into the wall with a push pin.

We're talking about an American hospital right?    :sad:

Danny Richie

« Reply #116 on: 22 Mar 2011, 03:26 am »
We're talking about an American hospital right?    :sad:

Yes.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #117 on: 22 Mar 2011, 03:33 am »
Hope you get out of there and back to doing your thing real soon Gary.

Prayin' for you and yours...

Ruben

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #118 on: 22 Mar 2011, 04:47 am »
Danny,
You have a PM

Scott

EDS_

« Reply #119 on: 22 Mar 2011, 05:36 am »
Here's to a speedy and as much as circumstances allow comfortable recovery for Gary.

I'd be a little careful bashing Parkland.  There are Nobel Prize winners walking the halls at Parkland.  The guys who helped invent Statins for example.  It fades off into the political so I'll cut this part off quickly.  Gary's difficulties there have much to do with us not being able to make some really simple choices.  Difficult but simple.  Frankly, it pisses me off when a guy like Gary suffers because of these choices.  Get better Gary.