A request for Danny - LS Center Channel Kit

doug067

Re: A request for Danny - LS Center Channel Kit
« Reply #240 on: 8 Aug 2011, 04:47 am »
Yes! Wow comes immediatly to mind doesn't it?
How much time do you have in that baby?

freerider

« Reply #241 on: 8 Aug 2011, 04:44 pm »
Are these plans going to be available as a DIY?  Also, is this kit going to be shown on the GR Research website?

Danny Richie

« Reply #242 on: 8 Aug 2011, 04:49 pm »
Are these plans going to be available as a DIY?  Also, is this kit going to be shown on the GR Research website?

These will be available as a DIY kit.

Things have finally started to slow down now and I am getting some of these projects out of the way that have been around for a while. So I may be able to get to the web site soon. I have all of the LS series kits to add and all of the X series kits to add.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #243 on: 5 Oct 2011, 12:34 pm »
Thought I'd bump this to go with the "pictures" thread.

These have been available for awhile and I'm hoping that owners would share some of their impressions on them. I would really appreciate hearing from those who switched from x-voce to the LS-C, with respect to both music and HT.

Thanks

SoCalWJS

« Reply #244 on: 9 Oct 2011, 06:33 pm »

These have been available for awhile and I'm hoping that owners would share some of their impressions on them. I would really appreciate hearing from those who switched from x-voce to the LS-C, with respect to both music and HT.

Thanks

Bueller?........ Bueller?.......... Bueller?...........

doug067

« Reply #245 on: 10 Oct 2011, 04:01 am »
I have the x-voce now
Bought the ls/c cabinet will be ordering no-rez and the kit soon
hopefully will have impressions soon

rseynaev

« Reply #246 on: 10 Oct 2011, 02:28 pm »

Thanks

Sorry - haven't listened to music yet with the LS-C but for HT it is EXCELLENT!!!  I used to have a x-voce paired with my LS6s.  The x-voce did an OK job but sounded somewhat out of place.  With the LS-C the whole front end feels very solid and project a HUGE soundstage.  I highly recommend this center! 

Danny and Ruben did a great job! 

Special thanks to Beatcoaster and Skeeter for helping make this happen as well!  When do you guys want to come over to check out the new center?

Randy

SoCalWJS

« Reply #247 on: 11 Oct 2011, 12:44 am »
I have the x-voce now
Bought the ls/c cabinet will be ordering no-rez and the kit soon
hopefully will have impressions soon
Thanks! Looking forward to any impressions.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #248 on: 11 Oct 2011, 12:48 am »
Sorry - haven't listened to music yet with the LS-C but for HT it is EXCELLENT!!!  I used to have a x-voce paired with my LS6s.  The x-voce did an OK job but sounded somewhat out of place.  With the LS-C the whole front end feels very solid and project a HUGE soundstage.  I highly recommend this center! 

Danny and Ruben did a great job! 

Special thanks to Beatcoaster and Skeeter for helping make this happen as well!  When do you guys want to come over to check out the new center?

Randy

Yeah, I like the x-voce OK for HT.,but usually go to the 2 track audio on concerts. I am running in to more and more 5.1 audio mixes, whether SACD, DVD-A, or Blu-ray, and it just isn't quite right. Trying to decide if I can rationalize this expenditure or not.......

edoggrc51

« Reply #249 on: 2 Apr 2012, 11:22 pm »
These will be available as a DIY kit.

Things have finally started to slow down now and I am getting some of these projects out of the way that have been around for a while. So I may be able to get to the web site soon. I have all of the LS series kits to add and all of the X series kits to add.

Hey Danny, is the kit up on your site yet?? I looked but couldnt find it. Maybe i missed it??

Danny Richie

« Reply #250 on: 3 Apr 2012, 12:14 am »
Hey Danny, is the kit up on your site yet?? I looked but couldnt find it. Maybe i missed it??

Not on my site, but available. Sorry I have been too busy to work on the web site again.

LSfromBC

« Reply #251 on: 14 Apr 2012, 08:30 pm »
hi Ruben,

could you please quote me a price for 2 satin rosewood LS-9 cabinets and a satin rosewood LS-C to my Canadian postal code v0j2go? thank you.

i am a brand new member here, i gotta say it is awesome Danny, i love it!!

Danny Richie

« Reply #252 on: 16 Apr 2012, 02:07 pm »
hi Ruben,

could you please quote me a price for 2 satin rosewood LS-9 cabinets and a satin rosewood LS-C to my Canadian postal code v0j2go? thank you.

i am a brand new member here, i gotta say it is awesome Danny, i love it!!

Welcome.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #253 on: 18 Apr 2012, 05:06 am »
hi Ruben,

Sure can!

I will have you some numbers by tomorrow night.

Best,

Ruben

oz_audio_todd

« Reply #254 on: 8 Dec 2013, 04:12 am »
my apologies for this Q but its been rattling around in my head for a few days now   :?

With these 6 midwoofers with their different resistances, I cant, for the life of me, work out any way to make all the speakers handle loads equally or have the result anywhere close to 8 ohms?
Any possibility someone could put me out of my misery here?? please??   :(

Danny Richie

« Reply #255 on: 8 Dec 2013, 04:56 pm »
my apologies for this Q but its been rattling around in my head for a few days now   :?

With these 6 midwoofers with their different resistances, I cant, for the life of me, work out any way to make all the speakers handle loads equally or have the result anywhere close to 8 ohms?
Any possibility someone could put me out of my misery here?? please??   :(

It ends up as a nominal 8 ohm impedance. There is a minimum impedance dip of about 4.5 ohms up high where current demand is low. And below 100Hz the impedance rises to decrease low frequency current demand and increase power handling.

hesster

« Reply #256 on: 13 Dec 2013, 05:25 pm »
If one is looking for the BEST Center, then build a LS-C. I have tried numerous other Centers, and was disappointed that I could never get them to integrate into my 9.1 system.  I have had mine since I built it for about a year now, and it is the perfect companion to the 9's.  I use mine predominately in HT mode, and after a little EQ and volume trim it is just stellar - crystal clear vocals, plays deep but also hits highs effortlessly.  Not to mention - this speaker can play LOUD if you want it to in HT and other sound field programs (like 7 channel enhanced stereo mode), and always keep up with the 9's.  Just try your favorite Blue Ray movie, or better yet a BR HD Music Concert, and you will see in a hurry how dynamic it is.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #257 on: 5 Nov 2015, 04:36 pm »
It is an old post but I'd like to know if any of you still looking for the LS-C?

sandbagger

« Reply #258 on: 5 Nov 2015, 08:26 pm »
bigger question is are there any ribbons for the center left

Danny Richie

« Reply #259 on: 5 Nov 2015, 08:39 pm »
bigger question is are there any ribbons for the center left

The Neo 3 pdr planar magnetic tweeters used in those are not currently in stock. There are a few of them floating around though.