Balanced Versus not Balanced

I.Greyhound Fan

Re: Balanced Versus not Balanced
« Reply #20 on: 7 Feb 2018, 09:35 pm »
Good to know that the Belden 8402 RCA's are not that good.  I was thinking about trying a pair for my phono pre to my BAT preamp since the 8402 XLR's sound great.  I have a friend that bought the 8402 XLR's from Take five audio in Canada.  They are Cryo'd and use silver connectors.  He loves them too in his high end system. I bought mine from btpa.com with copper connectors.

Of course I tend to believe that cables sound different in different systems.  Just like my XLR adapters did not sound any different between the $30pr and $125pr Cardas and a previous poster heard differences.  However in a USB cable shoot out in my system there were significant differences among cables.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #21 on: 7 Feb 2018, 10:46 pm »
I did NOT try the 8402 with RCA plugs. My comparison was 8402 with XLR plugs vs TEO with RCA plugs, see the link below.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=155498.0

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #22 on: 7 Feb 2018, 11:05 pm »
I would love to try the Teo XLR's but too steep a price for me.  I tried the Cardas Parsecs and they sounded good and they should for almost $400pr although I bought them on sale.  The AQ Colombia 72v ($450pr but I bought them for $175pr on closeout) and the 8402's sounded better than the Cardas.

I have been curious about ZenWave XLR's but also a bit pricey.

My money would be better well spent on upgrading my Pass X250 to an X250.5 amp which is in the cards at some point this year.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #23 on: 8 Feb 2018, 07:25 pm »
My money would be better well spent on upgrading my Pass X250 to an X250.5 amp...

Maybe, and maybe not. Depends on what the weakest link in your system is. Before I bought the TEO's, I was looking at upgrading my Spatial M3ts to Triode Masters for $1200 + shipping. However I spent that money (and then some) on upgrading my cables instead. Based on the difference I can hear between the Belden and the TEO cables, I'm sure glad I put that money into cables instead of speakers.  :green: