Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

vinyl_lady

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #1020 on: 7 Apr 2013, 05:53 am »
Just got home from Leonard Cohen at Radio City. Played for well over 3 hours with an intermission. Not bad for a 78 year old. Gives Bruce something to shoot for when he's that old.

He and his band/back up singers put on a terrific show in Seattle when I saw them in November, over 3 hours with an intermission.

2bigears

« Reply #1021 on: 8 Apr 2013, 08:22 pm »
 :D  going to see Joe Bonamassa in Vancouver Wednesday eve.... can't wait.... 7 rows back.... :D :D :D :D

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #1022 on: 8 Apr 2013, 08:24 pm »
Aaahhhhhhh...that's going to be an awesome awesome show. I'm super envious.  :thumb:

2bigears

« Reply #1023 on: 8 Apr 2013, 08:30 pm »
 :D  thanks much,, i have a few of his dvd's and i love them. This was on the bucket list for sure.... :D

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #1024 on: 11 Apr 2013, 02:46 am »

Clutch w/ Serpent Child, Lionize and Orange Goblin in support. An exhausting marathon of heavy rock goodness. 

D.D.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #1025 on: 12 Apr 2013, 08:25 pm »
The Airborne Toxic Event at the Fox Theater in Boulder, CO... they were really good. Next is Bonobo on the 25th, also at the Fox.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1026 on: 29 Apr 2013, 03:48 pm »
Cowboy Junkies, April 28 at the Bing Crosby Theater, Spokane WA. Terrific show! The first set were songs from their 4 new albums in The Nomad Series and after a short break, they performed The Trinity Sessions in its entirety followed by a two song encore that included Neil Young's Powderfinger.

BobM

« Reply #1027 on: 29 Apr 2013, 06:20 pm »
A few of us met up for Steve Wilson at the Best Buy theater in NYC this past Friday night. Some awesome music and musicianship. Here's a link to more info:

http://www.songkick.com/artists/486397-steven-wilson

low.pfile

« Reply #1028 on: 29 Apr 2013, 07:19 pm »
Cowboy Junkies, April 28 at the Bing Crosby Theater, Spokane WA. Terrific show! The first set were songs from their 4 new albums in The Nomad Series and after a short break, they performed The Trinity Sessions in its entirety followed by a two song encore that included Neil Young's Powderfinger.

That does sound terrific! and also sounds like a very long show!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1029 on: 29 Apr 2013, 07:24 pm »
That does sound terrific! and also sounds like a very long show!

It was, they started around 7:45, took a 15 minute break and played until 10:45. Then Margo came out to the lobby to chat, sign CDs, etc. Needless to say, I was a little late for work this morning. Good thing I'm the boss. :lol:

WGH

« Reply #1030 on: 7 May 2013, 05:21 pm »
David Bromberg Quintet at the Tucson Folk Festival on May 4th. He started the hour long set with "Sharon" and then did a lot of blues. His band includes excellent flat pick guitar and fiddle players and he let them solo to show off their chops. David and the crowd had a great time.

Tucson Folk Festival is always the first weekend in May, this year was the 28th annual and had 150 groups, over 500 individual musicians on 5 stages playing 1/2 hour sets over 2 days, and it is free!

Wayne

Maceo23

« Reply #1031 on: 7 May 2013, 06:01 pm »
I caught Shabazz Palaces this past Friday.  Hip Hop shows are a complete crap-shoot, but they were amazing.  Their music really translates well live.

Brad

« Reply #1032 on: 7 May 2013, 06:35 pm »
2 recent shows:

Anthrax at the House of Blues/Houston    They did Among the Living all the way through, some SOD, a couple of songs from the latest album.  Great, high energy, loud show

Gretchen Peters at the UniCafe/Houston      The UniCafe is inside a Unitarian church.   Just Gretchen on guitar/vocals and her husband Barry Walsh on a beautiful grand piano in this relatively large sanctuary.   Brilliant sound and music!   

Coming soon:  Cheap Trick June 22

ken

« Reply #1033 on: 9 May 2013, 01:05 am »
Saw Brandi Carlisle with the Lone Bellow at the Beacon on March 22nd.  Excellent show :thumb:  Just won tickets today on WFUV for Josh Ritter and the Felice Brothers at Terminal Five May 18th :D

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #1034 on: 9 May 2013, 05:29 pm »
A few of us met up for Steve Wilson at the Best Buy theater in NYC this past Friday night.

My turn for SW tomorrow at the Nokia Theater in L.A.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1035 on: 8 Jun 2013, 10:20 pm »
The National at Merriweather Post Pavilion, June 6, 2013

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #1036 on: 8 Jun 2013, 11:15 pm »
Saw, Oklahoma! put on by the Lyric Opera of Chicago. The first of its kind in 1943, faithfully choreographed by one of the original dancers! Excellent in every way.

orthobiz

« Reply #1037 on: 9 Jun 2013, 10:37 pm »
He started the hour long set with "Sharon" and then did a lot of blues.
Wayne

Saw him 3 times at college between 1973 and 77. One time he did Sharon with horns and a lascivious, meretricious woman prancing around.

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #1038 on: 9 Jun 2013, 10:41 pm »
Saw The Stranglers with my youngest daughter and Roscoeiii at a small club in Chicago last night. Man, did they ever hit it! Great show although the lead singer chastised me for yawning too much!

Cell phone photos are not so great sometimes.

Paul

Brad

« Reply #1039 on: 22 Jun 2013, 10:39 pm »
Going to see Cheap Trick tonight at the Arena Theater here in town.
This will make about the 30th time I've seen them.
But it has been 2 years since then.

The venue should provide excellent sound.
My youngest son is joining me - his 5th rock concert.

Rocka-rolla

Cheers,

Brad in Houston