Using HP Amplifier Section Only on Isabellina HPA

MorganE

Using HP Amplifier Section Only on Isabellina HPA
« on: 29 Jan 2011, 02:29 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

I know that currently the Isabellina's DAC can't be bypassed in the audio chain, but I was wondering if there is a technical reason for this?  It seems to me, (maybe naively as I am not technically knowledgeable about this), that this would be a great feature in that people could put together combinations of products they liked.  An example - I am interested in a high end CD/SACD player, and I want to use it's DAC, but I need a HP amplifier.  Your thoughts on this? Of course Members' comments would also be greatly appreciated.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Using HP Amplifier Section Only on Isabellina HPA
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2011, 03:43 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

I know that currently the Isabellina's DAC can't be bypassed in the audio chain, but I was wondering if there is a technical reason for this?  It seems to me, (maybe naively as I am not technically knowledgeable about this), that this would be a great feature in that people could put together combinations of products they liked.  An example - I am interested in a high end CD/SACD player, and I want to use it's DAC, but I need a HP amplifier.  Your thoughts on this? Of course Members' comments would also be greatly appreciated.

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for your post.  No technical reason for what you mention above.

The Isabellina HPA LFP-V is an Isabellina dac, LFP-V tube stage, with built-in headphone stage and volume control.   

Isabellina HPA LFP-V was optimized with the Isabellina dac, LFP-V tube stage, and headphone stage.  Analog inputs would require switching and more complexity (adding to the cost), and if you are not using the built-in Isabellina dac (connected to the LFP-V tube stage), then you are not listening to the Isabellina HPA LFP-V anymore. :wink:

The Isabella LFP-V Edition Preamplifier offers a headphone output option, as well as the Isabellina dac option (as well as hi/low gain), so this gives you both 3 analog and 3 digital inputs (as well as 2 sets of analog outputs).  More ways to configure this unit, more features, even better sound, but more cost...

Best regards,

Vinnie