Amp Recommendation

Flyin_V

Amp Recommendation
« on: 29 Jan 2011, 01:33 am »
Hi Guys,

I'm currently using a Jolida FX10 (love the remote!) but due to late night listening, I have to switch to headphones. Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar amp w/ headphone jack? There are space limitations so I'd rather not have to use a standalone headphone amp, but could as a last resort.

Thanks for any information....and good listening! :icon_lol:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Amp Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2011, 01:39 am »
Look at the Maverick thread at this same circle.

yukiginger

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2011, 08:05 am »
Two not so similar choices, but both very good deals in my opinion:

Maverick Integrated

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=90532.0

Vincent Integrated

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=emporium&thread=15418&page=1#240325

Flyin_V

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2011, 01:59 am »
Thanks for the info guys. The Mav sounds good (and is priced right) but I don't like buying items that can't be repaired in the US...too much return shipping $ and possible delay/damage. The Vincent looks interesting but is out of my price range and has way more power that I'd ever use. My 10W Jolida is perfect and has a remote  :D

Thanks again and good listening.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2011, 12:52 am »
did you end up getting something?

You can also check the HA-160, a great headamp. It does have a good size (if space is an issue), and lots power.

Flyin_V

« Reply #5 on: 1 Feb 2011, 03:04 am »
Hi Noseyears,

No I haven't gotten anything as yet. The HA 160 is a bit pricey for me as is the Cayin. If I can't find something that has everything I want (tubes, remote and headphone out) I just may order a Bottlehead OTL Crack and keep what I have now. Should be able to sell it for the kit cost if I don't like it or can't find 'phones I like that work with it (100+ ohm) .

You have a HA 160?

Thanks for the tip on the HA 160...good listening.

TONEPUB

« Reply #6 on: 1 Feb 2011, 03:42 am »
Have you tried wiring up a headphone jack to the outputs?  Depending on the phones you have, you might be able to drive them directly.  Definitely worth a try before you sell an amp you're happy with.

Flyin_V

« Reply #7 on: 2 Feb 2011, 09:50 pm »
I did think about that TONEPUB but decided against it as the back of the amp and speakers are difficult to get to.

I did order a Bottlehead Crack kit though and looks like I'll keep the Jolida for now.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #8 on: 8 Feb 2011, 02:34 pm »

You have a HA 160?

Thanks for the tip on the HA 160...good listening.

Yes, i do have one driving my HD600's (which is awesome)..but im planning to upgrade to something better...
Maybe a Dac/amp combo. (160D?)

Hope you find something good man, good luck.