iTunes CD Ripping...

Daedalus Audio

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Re: iTunes CD Ripping...
« Reply #20 on: 1 Mar 2011, 05:29 am »
FYI, Lacie uses those same internal drives in their external exclosures.   I gave up on Lacie a few years back because I had power supply after power supply die. ...not a fan of wallwarts or power bricks..

I have at least ten Lacie HD & DVD drives and never a problem, these are what pro's in AV. movie etc use. 

skunark

« Reply #21 on: 1 Mar 2011, 06:03 am »
I have at least ten Lacie HD & DVD drives and never a problem, these are what pro's in AV. movie etc use.

It's a great topic to google as there are blogs and support groups to go with it. 

srb

« Reply #22 on: 1 Mar 2011, 06:47 am »

I think you will find more Glyph and Avastor drives used in professional music and video production than the more consumer-oriented Lacie drives.

Steve

Daedalus Audio

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #23 on: 1 Mar 2011, 04:10 pm »

I think you will find more Glyph and Avastor drives used in professional music and video production than the more consumer-oriented Lacie drives.

Steve
true.  I meant of the 'consumer' drives LaCie is the one most used by pros.  there are a lot of people involved in large projects besides the actual production studio and often their choice is LaCie.
lou

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #24 on: 3 Mar 2011, 09:03 pm »
When we speak of "LaCie drives" what we're really referring to is LaCie hard drive enclosures (or external optical disk enclosures, for that matter). LaCie use various vendors to supply the actual HD and you could purchase, for example, two seemingly identical 1TB external drives and find different HD mechanisms in both.