Audio Physic Speakers - How would you describe the sound?

LeeH

Re: Audio Physic Speakers - How would you describe the sound?
« Reply #20 on: 8 Feb 2011, 06:23 pm »
Finally managed to hear some Yara II Classics today at a dealers, really nice sound but I'm a bit concerned as they are a bit wobbly, ie top heavy, i have a deposit on some and would have to engineer a solution to prevent them from toppling over, overall the sound is fantastic

LeeH

« Reply #21 on: 18 Feb 2011, 04:49 pm »
Well they have finally arrived and in the system, the Luxman powers these with ease, I have not got to 10 o clock on the dial yet and doubt that I will! They have only had a few hours in the system at the moment and will require a few more according to the dealer.

Overall these are a really nice speaker, easy on the eye and the ear, they image really well and the soundstage is wonderfull.

Top marks to Audio Physic.

Lee

davidrs

• Which do you value more, happiness or truth?
« Reply #22 on: 18 Feb 2011, 05:10 pm »
Lee,

Great to hear they are working out for you and that you are enjoying them.

- David.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #23 on: 18 Feb 2011, 10:08 pm »
I was going to ask earlier today if you'd gotten them yet.

As good as they sound now, they'll sound even better with a few more miles on them.  After they're all broken in, play around with positioning a bit more.

panos_adgr

« Reply #24 on: 2 Mar 2011, 10:28 pm »
 I'm an Audio Physic owner and 2 months ago I bought a pair of Scorpio II.  I made a lot of auditions before i buy them.
I believe for the specific speaker that is one of the best buys in it's category.
It has complete sound and the suprising is the tonal balance overall. The bass is tonally balanced and is larger than you would expect from the size of the speaker. It needs many many hours of burning in and a powerfull and stable amplifier to be driven properly.
It is capable of delivering big amounts of feeling if it's combined with proper equipment.
One of the strongest points is 3dimensional imaging (characteristic of Audio Physic generally) and big soundstage.

It costs 4750 euros and in my country is consindered one of the most descent speakers...
But this is my opinion. Give it an audition with Symphonic Line amplification or ASR Emitter and you will be suprised positevelly.

Before I buy them I had a pair of Klipsch RF-7 which i loved and wouldn't change their huge sound easilly.
But when I auditioned the scorpios I went on.

I have also auditioned the Tempo and Tempo 25 but their sound was a bit ''empty'' because they are made for smaller rooms with the half in number units than the larger Scorpio. Tempos are good for the medium-small european rooms - houses and not good for the larger American rooms-houses.