whuch one to use Pure Music or Amarra?

pardales

Re: whuch one to use Pure Music or Amarra?
« Reply #60 on: 28 May 2011, 06:27 pm »
I agree.  In my setup I preferred Audirvana to Pure Music and the other player I tried.  I don't use itunes and actually prefer the simple interface of audirvana.  My dac handles upsampling and my preamp handles volume.   

Thanks. I will give Audirvana a try and see how it compares to PM.

pardales

« Reply #61 on: 30 May 2011, 06:05 pm »
Well, thé simple interface of Audirvana is nice but I don't think it sounds better than PM in my system. The non starter for me is that It doesn't work with iTunes. I have to load songs I want to hear into Audirvana to hear them, which isnt they way i like to work. I prefer an interface like PM that let's me use iTunes and works in the background. It is nice and streamlined though.

pardales

« Reply #62 on: 1 Jun 2011, 09:30 pm »
I bought PM yesterday. I think it is really a quality piece of software. Great improvement in SQ over stock iTunes on my computer. I am now going to add what little RAM I can to my computer to get a bit more of a performance boost. 

Crimson

« Reply #63 on: 2 Jun 2011, 04:22 am »
I bought PM yesterday. I think it is really a quality piece of software. Great improvement in SQ over stock iTunes on my computer. I am now going to add what little RAM I can to my computer to get a bit more of a performance boost.

For what little sense it makes, upping the RAM with PM does make a difference.

jaywills

« Reply #64 on: 2 Jun 2011, 12:18 pm »
Pure Music 1.8's out now (no affiliation).  Cordially,

http://www.channld.com/download.html