SOLD Bryston SP1.7 preamp processor

Phil A

SOLD Bryston SP1.7 preamp processor
« on: 4 Jan 2011, 02:44 am »
SOLD $1375.00 obo + shipping

It is the Pro Version which as a 19 inch face plate and an assignable balanced digital output (vs. the two assignable toslink inputs which is much more versatile as for something non-critical like an HDTV Tuner with a toslink out can be easily used with a cheap toslink - coax digital converter - I used one).

ANALOG AND DIGITAL CONTROL:5 digital inputs (4 coax, 1 assignable balanced) 6 stereo analog inputs, 6 inputs for a 5.1 analog output DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, Blu-Ray or SACD playerBuilt-in 24/96 D/A processorUnbalanced (RCA) and true balanced outputs (XLR) for 5.1 and stereo, each with its own discrete output amplifier.

STEREO PREAMPLIFICATION:At the touch of a button, the digital circuitry can be bypassed, so the SP 1.7 operates as an audiophile-quality analog pre-amp; and in fact, sounds identical to the Bryston BP 25 preamp or the SP 2 pre/pro, which will remain a current model. The bypass mode provides a totally discrete analog signal path, including an analog volume control. The signal does not go through any IC’s or digital circuitry from input to output.

The serial number if you can't read it from the low-res photos is 000075 and the build date (which starts the running of the 20 year warranty) is 0221, which means it was manufactured in the 21st week of 2002.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?homeproc&1302405231&/Bryston-SP1.7-Preamp/Processor

« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2011, 11:30 pm by Phil A »

Phil A

Re: Bryston SP1.7 preamp processor
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2011, 05:02 am »
Bump

Levi

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2011, 05:25 am »
Oh oh, is Phil getting the SP3?  ;)

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2011, 05:41 am »
Oh oh, is Phil getting the SP3?  ;)

No - getting a 2-channel preamp with HT Bypass.  Actually picked up locally on Craigslist (my only purhcase there) a week ago Saturday an Integra DTC 9.8 which from limited playing around with sounds great on HT and HD Radio.  The main system is more for audio.  The guy only sold the Integra as he just wanted HDMI 1.4 as he hated to do firmware updates and had a PS3 (which I've even done on the basement system even though I don't have 3D) and also an Oppo BDP-93 with one of the HDMI outs going direct to the TV anyway vs. going through a Marantz AV7005.  Couldn't figure that out but for a whole $600 I wasn't about to argue. 

My actual favorite system for HT is the bedroom with the 55 inch LED and 3 identical speakers up front and the room is nice and a regular shape with a BDP-93 and a Marantz SR6003 and a Bryston 3BST.

I decided to move the relatively new Pioneer 1120 from the basement system to the 4.1 computer system with a new cheapo Sony Blu-Ray player (from Costco with a coupon) and I can do DSD.  I want to use the basement system more and bought an Onkyo 1008 doing 8.1 (I have an old NAD amp on the height channels for the heck of it).  I probably will think about a new projector down there someone within the next year (probably will wait until CEDIA).

The ever changing processor technology just makes the moves easier to deal with ($600 made the choice extra easy).  I didn't have the basement finished when I bought the house (and I took four years to finish once I started as I'm not known to be quick - just didn't want a cookie cutter basement) otherwise I might have done things differently and only had 2-channel anyway upstairs.  The main room is too bright for daytime TV anyway.

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2011, 05:17 am »
bump

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2011, 02:54 am »
bump

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 9 Feb 2011, 03:28 am »
bump