3D-like, Holographic-like, CD Recommendations- "...sounds like its behind me"

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
I'm saving up for a tube amp, but for now my Virtue Audio gear is perfect for my setup. We all read about system synergy and right now mine is quite good, in fact it's excellent right now. The combination of the TWO.2 and Piano with the tube DAC-09 is truly special right now- at least this week.

If you really like what you now have, why change? Spend that money on more 3D music albums is my suggestion Ed.  :thumb:

Yea, I know, easier saying than it is doing.  :lol: 

Cheers,
Robin

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
It just seemed that everyone was suggesting that a tube amp would bring about the same results. I'd love to try one someday, but your right Robin, why change anything? To be perfectly honest here, I absolutely love how my system sounds, Bill aka Pumpkinman came over yesterday to hear my new-to me-JBL's and we sat and listened to music maybe 2 1/2 hours and tried to find something wrong with the sound. I couldn't even remotely bitch about any aspect of my current setup and I don't think Bill could find anything wrong with it either so I'm in no hurry to screw around with it.
 Someday Robin if your ever down this way you should drop by and listen to my rig, I'd love to hear your thoughts about it. By the way..EVS Ground Enhancers ROCK!!! :rock:

Wind Chaser

By the way..EVS Ground Enhancers ROCK!!! :rock:

I haven't heard the EVS versions but my DIY ground loops have worked amazingly well in every application I've tried them with so far.  Ten thousand thumbs up! :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Whatever the reason is they work, they work..LOL!!! On these albums I'm enjoying with the Q sound and wild recording techniques the enhancers, commercial or DIY, really add to the overal effect I think. My speakers virtually disappear and the music is just out in front of me and all around, that probably sounds crazy but its true. :thumb: