Bryston Dealer To Be Proud Of

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Bryston Dealer To Be Proud Of
« on: 18 Dec 2010, 09:28 pm »
System is now complete......BDP-1 is in the rack

This has been great fun putting together and I just can't say enough how thrilled I am with the sound
:thumb:

1ZIP

Re: Bryston Dealer To Be Proud Of
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2010, 10:03 pm »
Where's the BIT?

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2010, 10:18 pm »
What are the TT's  :scratch:

Be well....

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2010, 11:43 pm »
What are the TT's  :scratch:

Be well....

James,

The TT from left to right are Hanss T-60 with SME V are and Graham Phantom II arm, the center one is the Clearaudio AvantGard Magnum and the right one is the Hanss T-30 with SME 309 arm and Origin Live Illustrious arm.

Jeff

Vipers

« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2010, 11:45 pm »
Beautiful looking system James, I hope that is one strong rack.

Can I ask, why 3 TT's? Although it does look awesome  :D

All I'm waiting now is the arrival of my BDP-1 and finally I'll be joining you with my complete system  :)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2010, 11:52 pm »
Beautiful looking system James, I hope that is one strong rack.

Can I ask, why 3 TT's? Although it does look awesome  :D

All I'm waiting now is the arrival of my BDP-1 and finally I'll be joining you with my complete system  :)

Hi Vipers,

I assume you can compare the sound of the 3 tables and I would assume different price points as well.

I know a bunch of BDP-1's have been shipped to the UK so you should have it by Christmas. :thumb: 

By the way I heard you are having a very snowy winter over there - 7 million people in London and only 3 snow ploughs :)

Vipers

« Reply #6 on: 19 Dec 2010, 12:01 am »
Hi Vipers,

I assume you can compare the sound of the 3 tables and I would assume different price points as well.

I know a bunch of BDP-1's have been shipped to the UK so you should have it by Christmas. :thumb: 

By the way I heard you are having a very snowy winter over there - 7 million people in London and only 3 snow ploughs :)

Being a vinyl fan myself, I guess you can never have enough different TT's  :)

Getting my BDP-1 in time for Xmas is all I want to see in my stocking, so fingers crossed.

Yes, Thick snow outside at the moment, there's is nothing better when it's like this though than to batten down the hatches and put on some of your favourite music to get those 7B's singing  :thumb:

danman

« Reply #7 on: 19 Dec 2010, 12:13 am »
Holy smack James!!! That is one beautiful looking system!!!!

lanchile

« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2010, 12:15 am »
Wow...That is an awesome set up that you have there James. I guess you do not need more toys to play now, since you have them all lol. :green:

Laundrew

« Reply #9 on: 19 Dec 2010, 12:35 am »
James,

The TT from left to right are Hanss T-60 with SME V are and Graham Phantom II arm, the center one is the Clearaudio AvantGard Magnum and the right one is the Hanss T-30 with SME 309 arm and Origin Live Illustrious arm.

Jeff

Thank you  :D

Be well...

Stu Pitt

« Reply #10 on: 19 Dec 2010, 12:36 am »
Guys -

I'm pretty sure that's a dealer's system in a showroom, not James's system at home.  The thread title kind of gives it away along with what James said in his posts, for me anyway. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 19 Dec 2010, 12:42 am »
Corrrect - it's a dealer of ours in California.

james

lanchile

« Reply #12 on: 19 Dec 2010, 01:22 am »

james

LOL, you got me there James, I though that was your set up.  :duh:

1oldguy

« Reply #13 on: 19 Dec 2010, 02:01 am »

james

That's quote impressive,now if only my dealer carried a few products.People often never buy what they can't try.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #14 on: 19 Dec 2010, 12:44 pm »
yes, cool system! no chance for me over here to see and audition a complete Bryston system like that at a dealer's place...
few weeks ago I went to my local Bryston "dealer" and all they had was a used BP26. no Bryston amp, no player...absolutely nothing.

that was exactly the same situation when I was about to buy Bryston gear 5 years ago. at this time the only product they had was a B100...

al :bawl:.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #15 on: 19 Dec 2010, 01:13 pm »
yes, cool system! no chance for me over here to see and audition a complete Bryston system like that at a dealer's place...
few weeks ago I went to my local Bryston "dealer" and all they had was a used BP26. no Bryston amp, no player...absolutely nothing.

that was exactly the same situation when I was about to buy Bryston gear 5 years ago. at this time the only product they had was a B100...

Hi Alex,

We are making changes in Germany so hopefully that will improve things for our customers over there.

james

Phil A

« Reply #16 on: 19 Dec 2010, 02:53 pm »

It's not necessarily tons different here.  When I bought my 14BSST lightly used years back, I had nowhere to audition it.  Basically the dealer carried a 9BSST, an SP1.7 and a BP26.  I bought the 6BSST lightly used before the 14BSST for the same reason.  I do understand why some can't carry every piece of every line but it makes it tough to make a decision.  With even less dealers around now it makes it even tougher.  I'm debating a pre/pro with HT bypass and can't audition what I'd like.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #17 on: 19 Dec 2010, 03:05 pm »
Yes it is difficult for dealers these days as few are supported the way they need to be in order to carry large selections of product. I fear those days are gone forever except in very large market areas or dedicated dealers choosing a few products and doing the best they can with those alone.

I get the feeling now that most purchases are driven by the consumer not the dealer so the dealer goes with the market demand?

james 

Phil A

« Reply #18 on: 19 Dec 2010, 03:15 pm »
James, I think that some dealers just favor certain lines.  Some don't like Bryston due to their warranty believe it or not.  They think the warranty should only be extended for used stuff when sold through an authorized dealer.  I decided on the BDA-1 and sold my BCD-1.  I went to Audiogon and found a 3 week old BDA-1 at a nice price.  Some dealers like lines where they can keep selling add-ons to what the customer has already bought.  I've seen dealers push things on customers only due to the fact there is less competition for what they are pushing in the local area or in the used market.  Audiophiles are buying for their preferences.  Dealers are selling to maximize their profit.  Sometimes those things clash.  I don't go to my local dealer as much as I used to (I probably have not been there in almost a couple of years).  Why? - easy - probably 60% of what is on his floor is one brand that is just not my cup of tea and that doesn't change over periods of time.  When he plays me the best he has from other stuff, I don't hear anything better than what I have at home and sometimes it is significantly lacking in terms of sound quality from what I have.  When such a large part of your business is one brand and you don't get out to audio shows you lose perspective on what is out there vs. what you sell.

Laundrew

« Reply #19 on: 19 Dec 2010, 03:17 pm »
I was very fortunate, Ron and Rob at Altronics Stereo 2000 has a most awesome selection of Bryston audio equipment right from the B100 up to the 28B SST² on the floor ready for you to audition; it was the best selection in Toronto by far.

Be well...