Sarah Brightman concert

ekovalsky

Sarah Brightman concert
« on: 10 Mar 2004, 09:52 pm »
Got to see her in Phoenix last night.  Seats were right at the border of the catwalk and stage on the right side.  

Just an awesome show!  Great sound, lots of eye candy, and her voice is better than ever.  She and her dancers looked great too.  I highly recommend it you have the opportunity to see her before the tour ends.

I took a few days off from my home system to "rest my ears" before the event  :D

http://www.sarah-brightman.com

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Sarah Brightman concert
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2004, 09:59 pm »
I've got a couple of her discs, although I haven't had a chance to really absorb them completely yet.  She's awful hard to get a handle on, and I'm not sure what I think of her yet.  Certainly she's a hottie, and I like her voice, but her music is all over the map.  She's one artist where you can't assume that just because you liked one of her records that you'll like the next one.

I'll bet you're right about the eye candy part of the show, though! 8)

ekovalsky

Sarah Brightman concert
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2004, 10:03 pm »
She has definitely spanned the styles in her career...

Personally I'm not a big fan of her early broadway stuff.  At the concert she played stuff from Harem (of course), Eden, Time to Say Goodbye, and La Luna. All of which I like.  A little "Phantom of the Opera" was thrown in too.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Sarah Brightman concert
« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2004, 10:08 pm »
I haven't heard Harem yet.  I think I can call myself a fan of hers, but I don't know for sure just how many of her albums I'm going to buy.  I should get the last one though.  My musical tastes are very *eclectic* to say the least- I do like some of her broadway stuff.  Her voice seems a little bit lightweight on some of the classical stuff, IMO.  But she's just got a hypnotic quality to her that's hard to put a finger on.

soundboy

• My simple Yahoo 360 webpage
Sarah Brightman concert
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2004, 06:53 pm »
Just want to inform you guys, multi-channel hybrid SACDs are available for

Time To Say Goodbye

La Luna

Eden

Marbles

Sarah Brightman concert
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2004, 07:15 pm »
I bought her La Luna concert  DVD and didn't (don't) like it at all.

It's a bit like the Opera singer in the 5th Element, only not as good (IMO).

BTW, who did that singing in the 5th Element?

Captain Humble

Sarah Brightman concert
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jun 2004, 12:36 pm »
I haven't seen her in concert and I don't have any Brightman DVDs.

I do have LA LUNA & TIME TO SAY GOODBYE on CD.
I've never been able to get into either one of them.

Read your post this morning and listened to both of these CDs again just to give her another chance.

Sometimes she sounds like a woman and sometimes she sounds like a little girl.

I agree with you Marbles, she's just not my cup of tea.