MacBook air

Pez

Re: MacBook air
« Reply #40 on: 10 Jan 2011, 12:26 am »

Jason - still in love? (With the 11 I mean)

I am, more importantly so is my wife! Says it's the best laptop she's ever owned and just gushes over how light, thin and ultraportable it is. Per JimR's recommendation I picked up one of these: http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0221 opted for the Absolute Shoulder Strap. This thing is bad ass! Small, yet still fits my MBA, iPad w/ keyboard, USB DVD drive, cables, mouse etc etc etc. And made in the U.S. of A! best bag I've ever owned.

jriggy

« Reply #41 on: 10 Jan 2011, 12:38 am »
Tom Bihn bags are awesome.

Levi

« Reply #42 on: 10 Jan 2011, 02:00 am »
+1

Agreed!  I would get one of those bags for my MBP!

Pez

« Reply #43 on: 10 Jan 2011, 02:04 am »
That they are. Now that I have the bag I am intrigued by the accessories they carry. Their various organizer pouches, iPad cleaning cloth, bag lights. You can definitely tell that these bags were made to last. I originally owned a case logic bag. The fabric on the bag ripped, so I brought it back to the store and purchased a completely different bag. That one had a zipper that seized up and I decided to give them a shot. Thus far I have no complaints and only praise... Hmmm I think I'll start a new thread on this.  8)

Bemopti123

« Reply #44 on: 10 Jan 2011, 03:10 am »
Tom Bihn's have been in my arsenal since 2005 with my PB 12" and now my MBP 2009.  Be warned that you ALWAYS need to zip the case in case you carry it around because I have had a couple of 'accidents' when it flipped and I had the zip open...and the laptop simply slid out of the case especially well because it is felt lined.  The Bihn cases are also 'suspended' there is a gap especially at the bottom which means that if you drop the entire case downwards, it cushions the blow. 

Pez

« Reply #45 on: 25 Jan 2011, 03:40 pm »

JohnR

« Reply #46 on: 25 Jan 2011, 03:46 pm »
I timed it the other day (I was annoyed that I was forced to give it a hard shutdown on a plane) - darn thing booted from cold in less than 20 seconds.

yeah I love mine more every day  :green:

jhm731

« Reply #47 on: 13 Feb 2011, 06:42 am »
Anyone tried the MBA 11" as a music server?