Anyone have a Macbook collecting dust?

Christof

Anyone have a Macbook collecting dust?
« on: 25 Nov 2010, 01:37 am »
Hey Mac guys

I'm looking for a used Macbook to use in my woodshop...I have nothing particular in mind just something more current than my trusty G4 PPC.  I can offer cash or trade (amp(s)) or get creative...

Hope this post is not breaking any rules here in the Apple Core?

ciao
chris

Pez

Re: Anyone have a Macbook collecting dust?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2010, 02:03 am »
Does it have to function?   :icon_lol: vie got a MacBook pro thats very nice, but needs to have the OS reinstalled.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2010, 02:17 am »
Does it have to function?   :icon_lol: vie got a MacBook pro thats very nice, but needs to have the OS reinstalled.

I'll take it!  Cost?

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2010, 04:06 am »
wow... ummm I'll get back with you!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2010, 06:30 pm »
wow... ummm I'll get back with you!

OK.  Let me know all the details...age, specs...

Christof

« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2010, 08:19 pm »
Wow, you are quick on the draw Jtwrace.
Anyone else? 
Please shoot me a PM or email chris(at)walnutinkgallery.com

Christof

« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2010, 02:14 am »
An iMac will work too...

kenreau

« Reply #7 on: 1 Dec 2010, 06:01 pm »
I would like to step next in line behind Christof & Jtwrace.

Please forgive me if I am dog piling on here...but, I've got the same interest.  I just haven't got around to posting something in the trading post. 

I've got an Apple TV (original model) collecting dust and a middle aged IBM (Windows XP) laptop notebook I was intending to flip for a Macbook to use as a g.u.i. to run my macmini music server headless.  Ping me if interested.  I hope to get the details pulled together in the next few days and posted to the trading post.

Thanks
Kenreau 

PeterC

« Reply #8 on: 2 Dec 2010, 05:59 pm »
I have a MacBook 13" white, Model A1181, C2D, 2GB.  Updated with Snow Leopard and 500G HD.

It is in good condition except for light scratches from normal usage.  Looking for $500 + shipping.  I can post pics later if there is any interest.

kenreau

« Reply #9 on: 2 Dec 2010, 07:12 pm »
I have a MacBook 13" white, Model A1181, C2D, 2GB.  Updated with Snow Leopard and 500G HD.

It is in good condition except for light scratches from normal usage.  Looking for $500 + shipping.  I can post pics later if there is any interest.

I'm interested.  I sent a pm.

Thanks
Kenreau

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #10 on: 2 Dec 2010, 08:05 pm »
I have a 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 l 4GB l 250 loaded with the latest OS and other stuff including Adobe CS5 MS.  It has a dent on the cover but works fine.  I really got it to work with HD video and photo but I am doing that with PC right now.  It's a shame to waste the CS5 MS but I just don't have the time.  $1250 includes a carry bag.

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #11 on: 17 Dec 2010, 02:27 am »
I've got a MacBook that is in very rough physical shape ... case is cracked and the optical drive doesn't work, and the battery is toast so you need to keep it plugged into AC.
Having said that, it works perfectly and is a very capable machine; the screen is fine, etc. and an external drive for $40 handles the rest. If you are looking for utility over cost, post back or PM me.