Sonicap Sale

se-riously

Sonicap Sale
« on: 19 Nov 2010, 08:00 pm »
See here for 20% off everything (Sonicaps, resistors, inductors, etc.) at Sonic Craft.  Sonicap Platinums are excluded though.

http://www.soniccraft.com/specials.htm

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Sonicap Sale
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2010, 08:08 pm »
I wonder why that is.  I've never seen them on sale.  Has anyone else?

se-riously

« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2010, 08:12 pm »
I wonder why that is.  I've never seen them on sale.  Has anyone else?

The previous sale they had a few months ago was 15% off everything, including Platinums.  That's when I bought mine.

dmatt

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2010, 08:15 pm »
They have been on sale before, just not promoted extensively.

Soniccraft will often have sale when Parts Connexion announces a sale.  Whenever I get a Parts Connexion sale email, I check the Soniccraft website as well.

Cheers,

David

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2010, 08:34 pm »
Hey guys, I have a TWO.2 with Auricaps if I wanted to change the caps how do I find out what values I need?? Is it as simple as looking inside the case and buying the same values as whats inside? I'm curious how one goes about doing an upgrade of the caps.

dvenardos

« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2010, 08:49 pm »
See this post.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=82136.msg814992#msg814992
2.2uf for full range.

Hey guys, I have a TWO.2 with Auricaps if I wanted to change the caps how do I find out what values I need?? Is it as simple as looking inside the case and buying the same values as whats inside? I'm curious how one goes about doing an upgrade of the caps.

se-riously

« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2010, 08:50 pm »

Danny recommends a 2.2uF Gen I Sonicap bypassed with a 0.01uF Sonicap platinum.  If the platinums are out of your price range, you can substitute with a Gen II.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #7 on: 19 Nov 2010, 08:58 pm »
Thanks!!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Jack Caldwell

« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2010, 04:18 pm »
Another, maybe even better option is the new V-Cap with the copper foil. Expensive, really expensive, but maybe using the 0.1uF as a bypass with the 2.2uF sonicap...